C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange light

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Orange light

Went from a 2005 Z51 M6 to a 2006 A6 Z51 and need to ask if this is normal.
On the bottom of the rear view mirror it's laminated telling me "passenger air bag on" when some one is sitting in the car and the when no one is in the seat it says "passenger air bag off". I understand why it's telling me this but what I'm not sure of is should the light be on all the time? If not, is there a way to turn it off?. On my 2005 this light never came on constantly if at all. To me its kinda bothersome at night. Is there a way to turn it off? I hit the mirror off button but has no affect. Could this be normal and do any of you also get this illuminated on all the time?
The only differences are the 05 had on-star and this one has sport seats and the other did not. Both are 3LT cars.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:07 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,890 Likes on 1,912 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Normal. You can use electrical tape to block it out if you want. Never bothered me.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:27 PM
oldcanuck
Pro

Received 304 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Normal. You can use electrical tape to block it out if you want. .
That's what I did. Annoying before I did it.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:39 PM
vetteJPJ
Burning Brakes

Received 358 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Normal. You can use electrical tape to block it out if you want. Never bothered me.
Yep. electrical tape is the easy answer
Old 01-18-2019, 09:53 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeysvette
Went from a 2005 Z51 M6 to a 2006 A6 Z51 and need to ask if this is normal.
On the bottom of the rear view mirror it's laminated telling me "passenger air bag on" when some one is sitting in the car and the when no one is in the seat it says "passenger air bag off". I understand why it's telling me this but what I'm not sure of is should the light be on all the time? If not, is there a way to turn it off?. On my 2005 this light never came on constantly if at all. To me its kinda bothersome at night. Is there a way to turn it off? I hit the mirror off button but has no affect. Could this be normal and do any of you also get this illuminated on all the time?
The only differences are the 05 had on-star and this one has sport seats and the other did not. Both are 3LT cars.
You don't remember the light on your '05 because it wasn't there.

2005 cars had a manual airbag switch inside the glove box and a status light on the center console near the shifter. The manual override was dropped in 2006 and replaced by a weight sensor in the passenger seat and a status light on the mirror.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:28 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by torquetube
You don't remember the light on your '05 because it wasn't there.

2005 cars had a manual airbag switch inside the glove box and a status light on the center console near the shifter. The manual override was dropped in 2006 and replaced by a weight sensor in the passenger seat and a status light on the mirror.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks guys! I'd understand if it came on for a few seconds to remind you but to stay on all the time. Another one of GM's great idea's...LOL
Yes, it is bothersome. Not so much during the day time but at night it is. So tape it off I will
Again thanks for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Orange light

Quick Reply: Orange light