C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers seat memory position intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 10:21 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

Default Drivers seat memory position intermittent

Has anyone else experienced an intermittent problem with the seat not returning to the proper place when you enter the car and start it? The seat egress works fine and it rolls back when I shut the car off, but sometimes when I get into it and start it, it doesn't automatically return to its previous position, but other times it works just fine. I can't seem to finger the problem. The body control module and the seat modules have been previously replaced under warranty to try to fix this gremlin, but the problem still remains.

Last edited by CSixDude; 01-30-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:48 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Nobody?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:15 AM
CSixDude
Drifting

So I guess I'm the lone wolf here. Now I'm wondering if maybe this could be caused by the battery voltage dropping when the car is parked and the seat circuit loosing its memory. My only other thought is that I saw another post where someone had connector issues with the BCM where the passenger floor was pushing on the connector. I may need to check that out.

Last edited by CSixDude; 02-22-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:34 AM
akriggm
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a problem with the drivers seat intermittently either not moving or moving to a random position on my 2008 coupe (the steering wheel column would also fail to extend on occasion seemingly independent of the seat problem) . I had GMPP, so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the computer box that controlled memory functions. Both the seat & steering wheel have worked flawlessly since. You didn't mention a problem with the steering wheel, so you may have a different source......
Enjoy,
akriggm
Old 02-22-2019, 10:37 AM
gn85
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Occasionally, when I get in the car and push my button (driver 2), the seat will move up but then stop short. If I use the button on the side of the seat and move it slightly forward and push the "2" button again, it will move the rest of the way into it's correct position.

Other times, it works fine.

I haven't bothered to investigate it.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:40 AM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Are you always using the same key fob?
Old 02-23-2019, 12:20 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Originally Posted by stingray71
Are you always using the same key fob?
Yes.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:42 PM
Jupiterjj
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I have found that lately when my wife drives the car with her fob, the next time I start up the car with my fob the seats and steering wheel don't move to either her settings or mine. Shutting down the engine and restarting solves the problem.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Originally Posted by gn85
Occasionally, when I get in the car and push my button (driver 2), the seat will move up but then stop short. If I use the button on the side of the seat and move it slightly forward and push the "2" button again, it will move the rest of the way into it's correct position.

Other times, it works fine.

I haven't bothered to investigate it.
I don't think mine works that way. I just set my seat the way I wanted it and pushed the button until I heard the beep. As long as I get in with the correct fob, I haven't had any problems. I have driven other cars where you have to push the button each time you enter the car, or the car seat will retain the position in which it was left by the last driver.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by CSixDude
So I guess I'm the lone wolf here. Now I'm wondering if maybe this could be caused by the battery voltage dropping when the car is parked and the seat circuit loosing its memory. My only other thought is that I saw another post where someone had connector issues with the BCM where the passenger floor was pushing on the connector. I may need to check that out.
My 2008 has the same problem since around 2009 and it has been to the dealer 5 times to replace the seat frame because the 3 motors are part of the rack.....Bottom line, it still was not fixed so I turned off the 'Auto Memory' in the options menu and now it stays where i like it.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:40 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
My 2008 has the same problem since around 2009 and it has been to the dealer 5 times to replace the seat frame because the 3 motors are part of the rack.....Bottom line, it still was not fixed so I turned off the 'Auto Memory' in the options menu and now it stays where i like it.
Mine is also a 2008. I'm starting to think maybe it is related to the battery voltage. It seems like if I keep the car on a battery tender, it doesn't happen. I'm wondering if the battery voltage is dropping too low when cranking the engine over and causing the memory circuit to act up. I'll keep testing, but so far it hasn't repeated when I keep the battery maintainer connected to the car.

Last edited by CSixDude; 02-28-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by CSixDude
Mine is also a 2008. I'm starting to think maybe it is related to the battery voltage. It seems like if I keep the car on a battery tender, it doesn't happen. I'm wondering if the battery voltage is dropping too low when cranking the engine over and causing the memory circuit to act up. I'll keep testing, but so far it hasn't repeated when I keep the battery maintainer connected to the car.
Hum... Could be the problem...I never use a battery tender.

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers seat memory position intermittent

Quick Reply: Drivers seat memory position intermittent