C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 HUD display

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:56 PM
mrBob2005
Heel & Toe

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2005 HUD display

I have read all the other post on here about HUD display. My problem is that I can see it lit up down in the HUD hole in the dash,. But won't go on the windshield. I have held the up and down button and won't go on the windshield. All 3 Modes work fine in the hole. Is my mirror bad??
Old 03-24-2019, 11:34 PM
89Roadster
Race Director

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mrBob2005
I have read all the other post on here about HUD display. My problem is that I can see it lit up down in the HUD hole in the dash,. But won't go on the windshield. I have held the up and down button and won't go on the windshield. All 3 Modes work fine in the hole. Is my mirror bad??
It's not bad it's loose. You'll need to pull the whole assembly out to fix it. Plenty of threads on here about it and probably some YouTube videos
Old 03-25-2019, 06:36 AM
Katie22
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 70 Posts

I had to take my HUD out and reinforce the gimbals for the mirror. Basically it involved adding washers to the screws that tighten down the mirror mount..

Getting the HUD out took about an hour with the duct cutting way. The most important thing was to have aluminum tape to seal the duct back up when you reinstall it. Second you have to have a very cheap cable saw from Lowes or Home Depot. This lets you do a clean cut of the duct.

As said theres videos and directions on how to do this.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 HUD display

Quick Reply: 2005 HUD display