C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:00 AM
Fighta
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Knock sensor wiring

Ok i posted earlier in a thread i installed headers and exhaust in my 2008 m6. I had to cut off some of the frame next to the passenger header because it was rubbing against it at times when i was test driving and saw the marks. Any who, i cut it and all is well now and have enough clearance!
The bad news i was checking the knock sensor and the heat cover over it and i guess when i pushed it towards the block the wiring came out... it looks like one green wire and one gray wire. My Neighbor who is pretty damn good with fixing those pulled the prongs out of the connector and splice the wires back in and pushed them back into the connector and plugged it back up to the knock sensor. I turned it on and i now have a check engine light. So i took it to AutoZone and they read the code and it popped up knock sensor and that's it. I took it back home let it cool down last night and we swapped the wires and plugged it back in but the check engine light is still on. If someone on this forum has their car up in the air could you please attach a photo of which side is which if it matters? Attached is my connector, ignore the 2 red wires i just had them in there to show how it looks.

Last edited by Fighta; 03-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Knock sensor wiring