C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential Vette Purchase Help (Frisco, TX)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 03:00 PM
BlackMamba89
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Potential Vette Purchase Help (Frisco, TX)

I have a buddy who is looking to get his parents a C6 Vert. He has been looking at this one: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=215407197

They are willing to come down to the $15.5k-16k range, which seems like a good deal to me. He is going to Frisco on business this week and I told him to look for some things (HB wobble, tires), but suggested he ask to take the car to a shop or person who knows Vettes. I'm not familiar with any in that area, so if anybody has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. I know half the guys here are more on the paranoid end of things in terms of owners (it has had 7), but it has 74k miles and I think there can be a lot of turnover with Vettes due to impulse buys and the like, so it's not a deal breaker for me (I bought mine with 2 owners after only 16k miles).
Old 03-31-2019, 03:11 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

It should be throughly checked out. The car has mods ( suicide doors) but do not know if the engine was modified. A corvette mechanic or a mechanic who is familiar with the C6 should be checking it out! Check the Vert top to see if it clears the tonneau cover. Good luck

Last edited by enventr; 03-31-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:23 PM
Chevyrelic
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 142 Posts

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but that car reminds me of the old saying...ridden hard and put away wet. Too many “wrong” mods for me...imho. Good luck with whatever gets decided.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:54 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,095 Likes on 2,079 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

7 owners and Lambo doors ... and God knows what else!

Surely he can find something better than that ... Personally, I don't think that this car comes with good odds stacked in his favor.

But, your friend is going to do what he wants to do, so, whatever I have to say really don't mean much, now does it.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:08 PM
vett_guy
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

His parents probably deserve better!
Old 03-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,095 Likes on 2,079 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I got a big hunch that this young man is more interested in having this C6 in the family (and to drive) than his parents are.

oh well ... what do I know
Old 03-31-2019, 07:11 PM
BlackMamba89
Advanced

Thank you for the feedback.

Does anybody actually know somebody or a shop in Frisco where he could have somebody look it over for him?

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
I got a big hunch that this young man is more interested in having this C6 in the family (and to drive) than his parents are.

oh well ... what do I know
He's 39, with his own house and family, makes his own money through a successful career, so apparently, you don't know much. He was asking me because he, nor his parents, know anything about Vettes. They just like the look and want a fun cruiser.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:14 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,109 Likes on 807 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

IMHO I was no at the doors... But that's just me.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:31 PM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,223 Likes on 798 Posts

Those lambo doors look «Mickey Mouse on a Vette imo
Old 03-31-2019, 08:30 PM
EVRGRN
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 200 Posts

As mentioned above, keeping looking. For mid-high 20s, he could get them a newer, less molested convertible with fewer miles. In my mind, that would be more appropriate for a guy who's 39 and "makes his own money through a successful career" to buy for his parents.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:50 PM
EVRGRN
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 200 Posts

This car would be much more appropriate IMO.

From C6 For Sale forum:
FS: NC: Convertible 3LT Z51 A6 NAV Monterey Red 2007

Ready for Spring! For sale, near Raleigh, but we're also convenient to HWY 95 & HWY 40.
Honest Adult Owned Two owner Convertible Corvette in Rare Metallic Monterey Red. 37.9k miles.
3LT, Z51, NAV, Power Top, 6-Speed Auto with Paddle shifters. 2 Orig Factory Keyfobs for keyless entry and push button start, etc, etc..
Light Oak top and leather interior. Heated seats, all powers and memories.....
Nothing major has ever been replaced or needed work. No accidents, nothing resprayed. This is a rare added-cost color!
Recent Oil Change and Differential fluid done for good measure. Clean carfax and GM VIS report from 2 yrs ago when I bought it.
No major mods, Radio XM is currently a mini phono jack cable instead for your portable devices, but is completely reversible,
Good tires and Brakes. Adult owned & Driven! I've owned it two years and 7k miles. 1st owner was a 70 year old lady, yes, documented.
Free high quality indoor car cover if u buy this week! Only selling because I found a GrandSport I'm buying.....
Stripes/Appliques are removable, obviously. Can pick you up at RDU airport! Just in time for SPRING! Get it now while you can. $25,999 PM me!
Will post more pics later.....

Last edited by EVRGRN; 03-31-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:34 PM
Chevyrelic
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRGRN
As mentioned above, keeping looking. For mid-high 20s, he could get them a newer, less molested convertible with fewer miles. In my mind, that would be more appropriate for a guy who's 39 and "makes his own money through a successful career" to buy for his parents.
OP...something else to consider...and some may disagree, but I would never buy someone a black vehicle unless the recipient(s) are willing and able to perform the extra upkeep it will require. Black cars can look great, but they are probably the most difficult to upkeep because they show everything...dirt, dust, smudges, etc.. Again, just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:30 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Absolutely pass on that modded C6. As for the search...your friend is buying his parents a Corvette? That is very sketchy to begin with. And, he has asked for your help, which is a sign of model ignorance and indecision. And, you are asking for our help.....

If I were you, there would be too many links in that chain. Just MO...
Old 03-31-2019, 10:58 PM
BlackMamba89
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chevyrelic
OP...something else to consider...and some may disagree, but I would never buy someone a black vehicle unless the recipient(s) are willing and able to perform the extra upkeep it will require. Black cars can look great, but they are probably the most difficult to upkeep because they show everything...dirt, dust, smudges, etc.. Again, just my opinion.
Fair point. As the owner of a black Vette (actually, all of my cars have been black), I agree. Good comment, thanks!

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Absolutely pass on that modded C6. As for the search...your friend is buying his parents a Corvette? That is very sketchy to begin with. And, he has asked for your help, which is a sign of model ignorance and indecision. And, you are asking for our help.....

If I were you, there would be too many links in that chain. Just MO...
I am asking for the forums help in finding a shop or person who deals with or knows Vettes in the Frisco, TX area, yes. I'm not from TX and I've never lived in Texas, so why would I know these things? That is literally a major component/benefit (or supposed, this thread obviously not a great example of getting help) to joining a member forum for a particular hobbyist thing, to hopefully utilize a network's various geographical locations and experiences.

He knew he wanted a C5 or a C6 Vert Automatic in the $15k-18k range. Yeah, he's not into Vettes himself, so he asked somebody else, who is (me), for help. Makes sense to me.

All of these extra comments about whether or not it is a good buy have come unsolicited, though I don't mind them. I had already given him a list of things to look for, told him he should bring it to somebody who knows Vettes in that area (and hence, why I am posting this thread), and have linked him to several threads and articles, both on this forum and elsewhere.

We both agreed that it should probably be a pass- he just happens to be going there this week for work, so it's not much extra effort for him to check it out, since he will already be there for work. So far, all I have gotten are some comments on whether or not it's a good buy and judgmental comments about somebody they don't know who is trying to do something nice for his parents (you'd think this crowd would actually appreciate a gesture like that).

Last edited by BlackMamba89; 03-31-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:41 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,909 Posts

I'm in the Frisco area. I'd be happy to help out by getting a complete PDI done on the car for $500.00.
Shoot me an email. You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:18 PM
TXvert
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Re: Does anybody actually know somebody or a shop in Frisco where he could have somebody look it over for him?

21st Century Muscle Cars in Addison, great shop and fair prices. However, be prepared for some sideways glances when the doors go up. Seriously though, 21st does great work. Good luck.

Last edited by TXvert; 04-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BlackMamba89 (04-01-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 02:25 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,002 Likes on 4,334 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by TXvert
Re: Does anybody actually know somebody or a shop in Frisco where he could have somebody look it over for him?

21st Century Muscle Cars in Addison, great shop and fair prices. However, be prepared for some sideways glances when the doors go up. Seriously though, 21st does great work. Good luck.
There aren't any shops really in Frisco. 21st Century in Addison is about a 20ish minute drive. Quality Motorsports in Lewisville (another 20ish min drive) has good reviews from Corvette owners as well. LG Motorsports is in Anna which is a little father ~40 min.
The following users liked this post:
BlackMamba89 (04-02-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Potential Vette Purchase Help (Frisco, TX)

Quick Reply: Potential Vette Purchase Help (Frisco, TX)