C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas speed headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 06:42 PM
pivette33
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Texas speed headers

All and all what does everyone think of their product. I have a c6 automatic 2006 i'm thinking of going with them for the headers and mid pipes

Thanks
Old 04-16-2019, 02:17 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Its a nice bang for your buck header!

-Josh
Old 04-17-2019, 07:18 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by pivette33
All and all what does everyone think of their product. I have a c6 automatic 2006 i'm thinking of going with them for the headers and mid pipes

Thanks
They are good quality and well made. But the fitment can be hit or miss. The header to midpipe connection is a slip fit which doesn't allow much side to side adjustment. I had put a set of Texas Speed headers on my 02 Z06 and could never get the system adjusted enough. The rear exhaust pipe would rub on the frame.

You may not have that problem. My recommendation is to stick with a quality brand such as Kooks, American Racing, Stainless Works, LG, Pfadt. You will pay more but they will always fit perfectly.

And definitely get the headers ceramic coated. Without the coating, you will be cooking all your underhood wires, plastics, and rubber hoses.
The following users liked this post:
pivette33 (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 08:21 AM
89talon
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with the above. I bought TSP headers and x-pipe. The drivers side hangs at least an inch lower than the passenger side. We need all the ground clearance we can get. Go with another mfgr with better fitment. Mine are not ceramic coated nor are my friends set. We have had no issues with heat although I would suggest having them coated.

Get notified of new replies

To Texas speed headers

Quick Reply: Texas speed headers