C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random bolt sticking out of my LS3

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 02:20 PM
cadyshac
Drifting

Received 596 Likes on 393 Posts
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Bruze
I've wondered what that is supposed to mean since the first time I saw it. In English, it's just a bunch of random letters that do not form a word.

Is it supposed to be "caddyshack"?

Ah, government schools -- ain't they great?
I don't even know how to spell my own username? Who knew, thanks for clearing that up for me.

That's supposed to mean I use that name on another social media site and all the other spellings of Caddyshack were already taken.

(but you are right, I did go to a public school)
Old 04-22-2019, 12:31 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAV
Read the quote I responded to - he asked about the 100 year Chevrolet sticker that goes along with the Centennial stripes.
LoL, my bad. I thought you were talking about the bolt. When I am at work sometimes the images get blocked and I hadn't see the pics he added to the post.

Last edited by SPSandman; 04-22-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:58 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kurt D
That's were I bolted up my catch can bracket. It came with a bolt exactly like that and a sleeve/spacer to take up the extra space. Mounting it there tucks the catch can under the fuel rail cover, right above the heater lines; as opposed to mounting to the head which has it stick out. My guess is the previous owner had a catch can and removed it before selling/trading the car in. He either mount the can there or that's were he put the bolt back in after removing it. All those holes are threaded the same.

That could very well be the case. I believe that is where many folks in the Camaro forums used to attach their catch cans as well since they have the LS3 as well. I guess that would be the only option if the battery wasn't in the trunk like the Vettes with the catch can installed from the factory.

To the OP thanks for the additional pics, love those seats very nice and definitely leave the sticker.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:02 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cadyshac
So as long as you get plenty of good useful/legit replies then a few smart axxes are ok? Thanks for clearing that up, OP sorry for another useless post by me.
Yes. Most people enjoy a laugh here and there.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:18 PM
OneBadLT123
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Somebody replaced the engine and used it as a hoist point? Not to freak you out and all

Last edited by OneBadLT123; 04-23-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:27 AM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

It looks like the area where an oil catch can is typically installed. Maybe someone had one on there and then removed it leaving the bolt.
If so, these are not required by people add them to catch the oil blow-by.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:45 AM
fstarr56
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stingray71
It looks like the area where an oil catch can is typically installed. Maybe someone had one on there and then removed it leaving the bolt.
If so, these are not required by people add them to catch the oil blow-by.
e
the car does have racing pads and rotors on it, maybe it was a former track rat? It is super clean, all original paint no road rash
Old 04-24-2019, 11:04 AM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Doesn't necessarily mean it was a track rat. Plenty of people have put them on drivers and cruisers. I installed one on mine but ultimately decided I did not like the look and placement of it, so decided not to leave it on and returned it.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I have a '13 GS manual trans & I have a bolt there for a negative spot to connect jumper cables to or anytime I need a good ground for testing & I'm the one that placed the bolt there...

Quick Reply: Random bolt sticking out of my LS3