C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Base with mag ride what brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Schneidz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default C6 Base with mag ride what brake pads

Hello,
I’m confused as to which brake pads should I buy for a C6 Base with the mag ride/drilled rotors.
Are they the same as base? Grand Sport?
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:48 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,453 Likes on 2,805 Posts

Originally Posted by Schneidz
Hello,
I’m confused as to which brake pads should I buy for a C6 Base with the mag ride/drilled rotors.
Thanks in advance.
Look in your glovebox at the rpo list. You should see a j54 or j55 code. J55 is the z51 brakes, j54 is base.

You wont have J56 brakes, those are the z06/GS brakes.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:09 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Schneidz
Hello,
Thanks in advance.
The C6 base and Z51 take the same pad shape. The pad material is different but if your not tracking I would take a look at the Carbotech 1521 pads

For a high quality low dust performance street pad take a look at the Carbotech 1521 brake pads.100% non-corrosive dust will not harm your wheels, paint or rotors. Carbotech brake pads are 100% made in the USA and can be ordered online here http://ampdautosport.com/brake-pads/corvette/ or call me at 216-780-8825. The part numbers you need are front CT731 and rear CT732. . Use promo code z28 at check out to receive your forum discount ..

The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Old 07-18-2019, 09:34 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Look in your glovebox at the rpo list. You should see a j54 or j55 code. J55 is the z51 brakes, j54 is base.

You wont have J56 brakes, those are the z06/GS brakes.
Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
The C6 base and Z51 take the same pad shape. The pad material is different but if your not tracking I would take a look at the Carbotech 1521 pads

For a high quality low dust performance street pad take a look at the Carbotech 1521 brake pads.100% non-corrosive dust will not harm your wheels, paint or rotors. Carbotech brake pads are 100% made in the USA and can be ordered online here http://ampdautosport.com/brake-pads/corvette/ or call me at 216-780-8825. The part numbers you need are front CT731 and rear CT732. . Use promo code z28 at check out to receive your forum discount ..

The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
The OP said he was confused and both of you mentioned Z51, which was not an option on the OP's 2011 Vette and would confuse him even more. If he went to a parts store and asked for Z51 pads for his 2011, most of those people would be confused too.

He does have the F55 (mag ride) option that includes the J55 brakes, aka Heavy Duty Brakes. So the correct answer to his question should be "You have J55 brakes". They were available as part of the Z51 option from '05-'09 and as part of the F55 option from '07-'13 and as a stand-alone option from '05-'13 called the Heavy Duty Brake option.

BTW, there was no J54 option or J54 brakes. The standard base brakes were coded JL9.

J55 brakes all included drilled rotors and semi-metallic pads from the factory, while the JL9 brakes had plain rotors and ceramic pads. Of course, many owners changed pads and rotors to non stock items, so checking the code list on the glovebox lid only tells how the car was equipped when it left the factory.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Base with mag ride what brake pads

Quick Reply: C6 Base with mag ride what brake pads