C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DashLogic or Mild to Wild Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 AM
c05v3tt3
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Default DashLogic or Mild to Wild Switch

The Vette I purchased came with the Mild to Wild mod but with only 1 controller. It works fine but of course is installed in a manner where is does result in some noticeable battery drain after a few weeks of not running the car. This is noticeable on start-ups even though the battery is brand new. I also saw in the directions you can mount it in a manner to reduce or eliminate the battery drain. That said, I have a battery tender on order here that should help alleviate it but in the mean time I noticed some have installed DashLogic. I was thinking about doing the same as it seems to be worth the upgrade but saw this off their page:
  • Low Power Sleep mode ensures your battery will not be drained if DashLogic is left in the vehicle
Has anyone notice battery drain after say 2-3 weeks? Is the elapse time recorder accurate for 0-60, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 1 mile? Anything else I should know about the unit? I see the current price off Palmer's page is $280 which seems to be the only place to order it from unless other vendors carry is cheaper.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 901 Likes on 586 Posts

Most C6 will have a battery drain problem after 3 weeks without any add ons. Most people use a battery tender but I chose to go a different route. I put in a foot switch on the dead pedal to control the exhaust, no battery drain. Also pulled the Onstar fuse as that is one on the larger parasitic losses and I have no use for it. My GS will easily go 3 weeks and still start just fine.

DashLogic does have some tempting features though.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:13 AM
KingCorvette93
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_gallup
Most C6 will have a battery drain problem after 3 weeks without any add ons. Most people use a battery tender but I chose to go a different route. I put in a foot switch on the dead pedal to control the exhaust, no battery drain. Also pulled the Onstar fuse as that is one on the larger parasitic losses and I have no use for it. My GS will easily go 3 weeks and still start just fine.

Interesting, which one is the OnStar fuse? Power gains?

Jk...

Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Leave your M2W switch in the open (wild) position when parking for long periods and it will not drain the battery. Switch or fob both have this issue of a very small drain when wired in the "standard" method.

Or... it's simple to wire the switch so it doesn't drain in either position. I'll send you the instructions on how to do this if required. It takes all of 15 minutes.

C6 Corvette's are notorious battery hogs.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

My "13 GS with the original battery easily goes 4 weeks with the Onstar connected
Old 07-18-2019, 11:48 AM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

I too went with the "old school" M2W foot pedal......didn't need another fob to hunt for.

Also went with the collars to keep it partially open when M2W is off.

Last edited by SSWEET; 07-18-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SSWEET
I too went with the "old school" M2W foot pedal......didn't need another fob to hunt for.

Also went with the collars to keep it partially open when M2W is off.
I have also used this method for years. The most easy and convenient way to control your exhaust. Why would anybody want to push a fob and take your hand away from what you are doing when you have a foot doing nothing that can control the exhaust. Using a fob in my opinion is a total waste of time and inconvenience.

Last edited by Oh Boy; 07-18-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
Why would anybody want to push a fob and take your hand away from what you are doing when you have a foot doing nothing that can control the exhaust.
You automatic transmission guys crack me up... LMAO

It's not like most people drive around flipping the switch. I seldom flip my car to mild, maybe once a month when on a long hoghway drive.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:36 PM
TOM WELCH
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

the DashLogic device is better than the MTW switch in my opinion, there are many useful features the DashLogic device gives access to that make it worth the cost. Its very simple to use as well.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:38 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 901 Likes on 586 Posts

My "13 GS with the original battery easily goes 4 weeks with the Onstar connected
I've never tried more than the 3 weeks when I take my summer vacation, I like to drive my car every week.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Iceaxe
You automatic transmission guys crack me up... LMAO

It's not like most people drive around flipping the switch. I seldom flip my car to mild, maybe once a month when on a long hoghway drive.
I love it when people assume, 3 PEDALS HERE and my left foot is a lot freer than either of my two hands for performing that function.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

I've never tried more than the 3 weeks when I take my summer vacation, I like to drive my car every week.
Oh I do too but on occasion I have gone 4 weeks in the dead of NY winters and the car started right up.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:35 PM
c05v3tt3
Racer

Leave your M2W switch in the open (wild) position when parking for long periods and it will not drain the battery. Switch or fob both have this issue of a very small drain when wired in the "standard" method.

Or... it's simple to wire the switch so it doesn't drain in either position. I'll send you the instructions on how to do this if required. It takes all of 15 minutes.

C6 Corvette's are notorious battery hogs.
Yeah, I have instructions that came with it but appreciate the offer either way.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:36 PM
c05v3tt3
Racer

Originally Posted by TOM WELCH
the DashLogic device is better than the MTW switch in my opinion, there are many useful features the DashLogic device gives access to that make it worth the cost. Its very simple to use as well.
Agreed, this is why I'm considering moving to it. However, I'd be curious to others experience good or bad.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:16 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

I love it when people assume, 3 PEDALS HERE and my left foot is a lot freer than either of my two hands for performing that function.
Just curious, does the switch ever get in the way of the dead pedal? I didn't go the dead pedal route because I'm always hitting the high beam switch inadvertently on my C3 when shifting and it annoys the hell out of me and I didn't want the same thing happening on my C6.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Just curious, does the switch ever get in the way of the dead pedal? I didn't go the dead pedal route because I'm always hitting the high beam switch inadvertently on my C3 when shifting and it annoys the hell out of me and I didn't want the same thing happening on my C6.
Absolutely not. You put it near the top of the dead pedal and you still can rest your whole foot on the dead pedal and never feel it. You actually have to find it with your foot, you have that much room. Well worth it than any other method. Me like a dope put it in upside down thou.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:43 PM
SquareHead
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

DashLogic

Get notified of new replies

To DashLogic or Mild to Wild Switch

Old 07-19-2019, 02:30 AM
JonnyCap
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I got my Dashlogic from Summit. It's called DashControl now that it's sold by AutoMeter. I like mine, and I switch between open and closed quite often. I also have a bunch of helpful info set up to display on the DIC and HUD, including oil temp, IAT vs ambient (one way I determined that the beehive on the Halltech didn't help intake temp much), trans temp, fuel trims, etc. I may hook up a wideband at some point too.

I don't see any issues with battery drain, although I don't see any issues in general (I don't keep it on a tender).
Old 07-20-2019, 03:39 AM
marcoturbo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I also use a DashControl. Great tool. Nothing to install, just plug it in the OBD plug and it works.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

I have a question about the Dashlogic controller. If the mirror switch controls the exhaust, than how do you control the mirror? I suume there is some method of switching between the to. I'm just curious how it works.

Quick Reply: DashLogic or Mild to Wild Switch