C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back to the check list...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 10:06 AM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts
Default Back to the check list...

nice being back on the road again. had the car out for a few months. new engine has it purring again!
now i get to address a few things that i could before. most are small ( connecting a new AC line, replacing the steering column cover ). one open item is, when starting the car cold and driving it for about 1 - 2 miles, i get a DIC display stating
"service active handling system" ( it does have the mag ride ). i can turn the traction control system off, then back on. no further alerts, until the next engine on / off cycle. i had someone mention that a possible check is to disconnect & clean the wheel speed sensors. i haven't tried that yet. any other thoughts?
another bit of info i forgot to include, i have a left sweeping corner that i encounter every morning. these is rated at 45mph and is a long sweeper, that has pretty smooth ( no bumps or ruts ). every time i hit it, the computer kicks in ( i'm guessing spark retard maybe and the steering is effected too ). as soon as it straightens out ( about 3 - 4 seconds ). all is good.
i do have one other sweep ( left hander too ) that has the same effect, though not as consistent. i can be doing back road twisties with no problem. i have not had this pop anywhere else. just this mainly this one sweeper.

Last edited by cgladish; 05-26-2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: Back to the check list...