C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim Mero Vehicle Dynamics MRC Upgrade Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 07:40 AM
AdrenalinRides
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jim Mero Vehicle Dynamics MRC Upgrade Review

If you have a C6 with Magnetic Ride Control (magneto-rheological shocks; F55 RPO) then you need this upgrade. The new methodology Jim has applied to the tune makes the world of difference and the change really improves the driving dynamics. What you end up with is vastly improved from the previous setting that after the upgrade you will refer to as harsh (Tour) and very harsh (Sport). I upgraded the same time Blue Devil Z did and to echo his review and frankly everyone else's you immediately feel the difference. I wanted to get a little more seat time however than the drive back and I was able to get out yesterday to asses even further, I couldn't be happier with the results.

My car is a '11 Grand Sport with a manual trans and is bone stock other than a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports (285s front / 345s rear). I went with the New Tour/New Track calibration.

In New Tour mode compliance is increased and ride harshness is decreased dramatically, no the car doesn't ride like a Caddy but its what you would expect from a GT car. The car soaks up bumps better with still allowing feedback from the road surface to the driver. No more bracing for impact.

For New Track mode honestly I expected the car to act similar to old Sport mode and be very harsh but its not, the compliance is there as to not upset the car in corners without having any float. Turn in felt very good and the car remains very flat through the corners. I will say my confidence in the car's handling has increased given how it now acts with the upgrade. Prior to upgrading I felt I was getting the car near its limit now the limit feels really far away at the same or greater level of Gs through the corners.

I was fortunate enough to catch Jim on his way back to MI from SC to have him flash the car but he also sells re-flashed modules with a core exchange program. More info on all the offered modes can be found at www.jimmero.com

Old 06-05-2020, 10:10 AM
danl23188
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrenalinRides
If you have a C6 with Magnetic Ride Control (magneto-rheological shocks; F55 RPO) then you need this upgrade. The new methodology Jim has applied to the tune makes the world of difference and the change really improves the driving dynamics. What you end up with is vastly improved from the previous setting that after the upgrade you will refer to as harsh (Tour) and very harsh (Sport). I upgraded the same time Blue Devil Z did and to echo his review and frankly everyone else's you immediately feel the difference. I wanted to get a little more seat time however than the drive back and I was able to get out yesterday to asses even further, I couldn't be happier with the results.

My car is a '11 Grand Sport with a manual trans and is bone stock other than a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports (285s front / 345s rear). I went with the New Tour/New Track calibration.

In New Tour mode compliance is increased and ride harshness is decreased dramatically, no the car doesn't ride like a Caddy but its what you would expect from a GT car. The car soaks up bumps better with still allowing feedback from the road surface to the driver. No more bracing for impact.

For New Track mode honestly I expected the car to act similar to old Sport mode and be very harsh but its not, the compliance is there as to not upset the car in corners without having any float. Turn in felt very good and the car remains very flat through the corners. I will say my confidence in the car's handling has increased given how it now acts with the upgrade. Prior to upgrading I felt I was getting the car near its limit now the limit feels really far away at the same or greater level of Gs through the corners.

I was fortunate enough to catch Jim on his way back to MI from SC to have him flash the car but he also sells re-flashed modules with a core exchange program. More info on all the offered modes can be found at www.jimmero.com
I agree I had Jim flash my 427 Convertible last Sept. Just got back from approx. 300 mile road trip on Wednesday after also having an alignment done the difference is remarkable. Trammeling is greatly reduced and now I drive mostly in sport mode which is fantastic. I would suggest any one with this suspension have the upgrade done.
The following users liked this post:
h8snow (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 07:27 PM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,254 Likes on 233 Posts

Hi Jeremy, it was great meeting you. Thank you very much for the review, it means a lot.

And also thank you, Dan for the kind words.

Thank you for your patronage trusting us to upgrade your cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Mero Vehicle Dynamics MRC Upgrade Review

Quick Reply: Jim Mero Vehicle Dynamics MRC Upgrade Review