C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 07:19 PM
Matt Gambrel
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?

It seems my brake pedal can lift up easily. Like nothing stops it from coming up. This will mess my taillights up (temporary) and throw the traction control in to a fit (get a check light).

If I smash the gas, it can also cause this it seems at times. Is there some sort of stop I am missing? Or any fix? Never had a car the brake pedal lifts on like that.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:27 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Have you tried pulling the codes, if any? This would point to a possible culprit if there are any recorded. A little more detail on exactly what's happening would be helpful as well.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:52 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Would double check the brake pedal main rod and bushings to bracket suports first, then check the fit of the brake booster shaft pin to the brake booster rod, but if pedal parts are fine, then would suspect a problem in the brake booster instead.

Hence could be as simple a a C clip that has come out of retainer channel on the booster for the spring assemblies that just needs to be reset.

Last edited by Dano523; 08-14-2020 at 07:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wideglideleon (08-14-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 12:14 PM
Matt Gambrel
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Dano523
Would double check the brake pedal main rod and bushings to bracket suports first, then check the fit of the brake booster shaft pin to the brake booster rod, but if pedal parts are fine, then would suspect a problem in the brake booster instead.

Hence could be as simple a a C clip that has come out of retainer channel on the booster for the spring assemblies that just needs to be reset.

I guess I should clarify, everything works perfectly and is normal until the physical pedal is in the not pressed position. Then it lifts up. Like the pedal should have ba stop, or a physical connection it doesn't have.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:15 PM
Matt Gambrel
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Have you tried pulling the codes, if any? This would point to a possible culprit if there are any recorded. A little more detail on exactly what's happening would be helpful as well.
Codes will only show for the traction control system.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:52 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Gambrel
Codes will only show for the traction control system.
Yet when I had problems with my brake lights and pedal I had all kinds of codes showing.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:51 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Gambrel
I guess I should clarify, everything works perfectly and is normal until the physical pedal is in the not pressed position. Then it lifts up. Like the pedal should have ba stop, or a physical connection it doesn't have.
The pedal connects to the booster shaft, and what you are describing is a problem in the booster itself.

So no joy pulling the booster, but once in hand, you can pull the back side boot to pull the rod parts to see where the problems is.
Most of the time since the packs are C clip retained, it just a C clip that has popped out of its seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?

Quick Reply: Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?