C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Weeks

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 06:43 PM
PhyCot
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 4 Weeks

4 weeks at the dealer for lingering fuel smell after pump replaced . Stronger after they replaced driver side fuel pump AND triggered a suspension code. Ran a pressure test but showed nothing. Going to run again. About tired of this.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:14 PM
Boss 57
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 156 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man, seems like the light is visible finishline in sight, great.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:34 PM
Dzv69
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 228 Posts

At this point, would you disuade anyone looking to buy a C6 (1st Vette) ?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:01 PM
jjfabs
Pro

Received 257 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Dzv69
At this point, would you disuade anyone looking to buy a C6 (1st Vette) ?
I wouldn't. Unless you have the cash to buy a new C8 and trade it in for a new one every two years.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:21 PM
PhyCot
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh. I would buy again. I think I just have a dealer whos is short on mechanics, and only one knows anything about corvettes (and his familiarity is questionable). I've gently suggested him to concentrate on the crossover pipe connections, as he has now told me he has isolated the leak to the top area of the tank. The issue was is that they jumped on the fuel pump replacement, but discovered that it had already been replaced in 2020 (but went ahead and replaced again. If they had followed the TSB, they would have performed a pressure test and found the leak the first time (and performed it after the repair), they wouldn't be dropping the differential again to repair.

I've only owned the car since April, but I would buy again. Harmonic balancer had already been replaced, and torque tube sounds has very little noise, so once they get this covered, I hope to be good. I punch it once and awhile, but mostly just enjoy listening to it purr...
The following users liked this post:
SPSandman (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 08:46 AM
Klawp
Drifting

Received 855 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by PhyCot
Oh. I would buy again. I think I just have a dealer whos is short on mechanics, and only one knows anything about corvettes (and his familiarity is questionable). I've gently suggested him to concentrate on the crossover pipe connections, as he has now told me he has isolated the leak to the top area of the tank. The issue was is that they jumped on the fuel pump replacement, but discovered that it had already been replaced in 2020 (but went ahead and replaced again. If they had followed the TSB, they would have performed a pressure test and found the leak the first time (and performed it after the repair), they wouldn't be dropping the differential again to repair.

I've only owned the car since April, but I would buy again. Harmonic balancer had already been replaced, and torque tube sounds has very little noise, so once they get this covered, I hope to be good. I punch it once and awhile, but mostly just enjoy listening to it purr...
You don't even need to drop the differential to replace it anyway afaik. Not sure if it varries from auto/manual but this kid did it on jackstands in his complex.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:50 PM
Dzv69
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 228 Posts

Excellent video, thanks for posting. The crossover tube looks to be the most difficult piece, he made quick work putting it back together.
As often as he says he works on it, its a womder he doesn't invest in a few cordless electric tools.

Get notified of new replies

To 4 Weeks

Quick Reply: 4 Weeks