C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 ZR1 SR/PTM control

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 09:28 PM
mmcaperna
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 ZR1 SR/PTM control

I finally decided to upgrade the stereo head unit in my 2011 ZR1 and install a backup camera. While installing the backup camera the Crutchfield tech suggested that I wire it into the BCM. So I disconnected the negative battery terminal and then took the cover off of the BCM and removed one of the fuses as he suggested. After looking it all over I figured it was best to just solder it to the rear brake lights like I had read other have done. After getting everything wired up and reconnecting the battery to test everything the car gave all sorts of fault messages and suspension and speed being limited and loosing communication with the BCM and the car wouldn’t start. I thought the battery maybe had lost its charge so I charged it and the fixed the car starting issue. Then I spoke to someone about this issue who said to use my BlueDriver OBDII to clear the codes and drive it around and it would reset all of the systems. It seems to have worked for the most part except for the SR control and PTM control. Now I can’t go into sport SR or go into PTM 2-6. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Old 04-25-2023, 02:18 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Ptm is the dial to the BCM for command, then BCM to Ecm for what the ECM is going to do for the actual power management.

So my guess, is that you disconnected/ broke a wire off the selector dial when you had the center bezel out for the radio install.
So on that note if you don't want to pull the center bezel from the start, put a Tech II on the car, pull up the BCM data, and see if the dial button changes are showing up in the BCM data changes. If no, then its the wiring between the selector dial to the BCM.
Old 04-26-2023, 02:53 AM
mmcaperna
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I checked all the wiring and connections before reassembling. I just ordered a tech II so hopefully I can figure this out. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 ZR1 SR/PTM control

Quick Reply: 2011 ZR1 SR/PTM control