C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 bleeders / speed bleeders

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 04:49 PM
Dale96
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default C6 bleeders / speed bleeders

Are bleeders / speed bleeders the same front and rear for 2010-2013 GS / Z06
Old 06-03-2023, 05:28 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,176 Posts

Yes, but would be better off with a bleeder pump to put pressure on the reserve tank, then to have to re-apply the sealant on the threads of the bleeders over and over, so you not sucking air in to the system between pumps.

Hence on the speed bleeders, every time you go to uses them, should be pulling them all the way out to apply new sealant on the threads, leave them loose on the reinstall, so they can flow fluid but no leak air back in on the threaads, then tighten in the end for that use.

With power bleeder pump tank up on the reserve tank, don't have to worry about leaks in the threads on the bleeders since you have 15lbs of pressure from the head of the system outwards, and when the stock bleeders are open, any small leak in the threads will have fluid flowing out, and your done one you do get clear flow.
Note, not a fan of filling the bottle with fluid in it, but instead just refill the reserve tank after each caliper instead.

Myself, have a pressure cap that I use with an air compressor set to 15lbs of pressure, with an decadent in line from the compressor to cap. Hence when not using the line for this, it's back on my airbrush set up. If you check around, can get the just the metal GM pressure caps for around $30, HF has the in line decadent for a few bucks.
Old 06-03-2023, 06:27 PM
Chatman
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 102 Posts

If you have a vacuum brake bleeder, you can go ahead and use it like usual but you don't need to be as careful. Just saying that you don't have to pump the brakes or use pressure at the reservoir. Or at least, it worked for me.
Old 06-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 464 Likes on 237 Posts

I've used speed bleeders on my C5 and C6. Never had a problem and just pump the pedal to bleed the brakes.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 bleeders / speed bleeders

Quick Reply: C6 bleeders / speed bleeders