C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 C6 Base aftermarket head unit won’t turn on

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 07:49 AM
Biz850
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 C6 Base aftermarket head unit won’t turn on

The car sat for a few weeks and when I went to start it up the battery didn’t have enough juice to crank. I tried using a portable jumper but that didn’t work either so I had AAA come out and install a new battery. When it started the aftermarket touch screen head unit didn’t turn on. It appears that it’s dimly lit (I think) but not working properly. My guess is when attempting to jump the car a few times it blew the fuse that powers the head unit but I’m curious what y’all think it could be. If it is the fuse, where is it located and what number is it?
Old 03-29-2024, 07:52 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,375 Likes on 1,638 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Depends how the stereo was wired where the fuse might be. Some aftermarket stereos have their own fuse in the back of the unit. Depending on how it was installed too could dictate what factory fuse is being used. If it was done correctly with a PAC module or something to that effect it should be on your factory radio fuse circuit but lots of people do them different ways too.

Quick Reply: 2007 C6 Base aftermarket head unit won’t turn on