C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony head unit glare and front camera question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 08:30 AM
MDC9966
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Sony head unit glare and front camera question

I’ve got a wire CarPlay pioneer head unit in my c6. I’m using the Bose amp and PAC connector. It’s a convertible and the glare on the screen can be a pain sometimes.

Considering changing to a Sony head unit with matte screen. Any suggestions if this will help with glare or is there one you guys would recommend?

also, seems like all Sony have only backup camera connections. I have front and rear camera installed. Is there a way to connect the backup camera and also connect the front camera to a video in connection? I was thinking if that’s possible I could just turn that part on as needed?

thought I’d ask in the forum for your experiences doing this.
thanks
Old 04-28-2024, 09:25 AM
Geoff13IOM6GS
Safety Car

Received 267 Likes on 146 Posts

I wonder if any anti-glare film would work
Old 04-28-2024, 09:58 AM
unkled20
Racer

Received 303 Likes on 148 Posts

While I can't specifically speak to a matte screen, I also have a vert and have an aftermarket head unit. I have tried a few different anti-glare films, but I have not had any luck with them actually cutting down on the glare enough. I have also tried polarized sunglasses, which have not helped much. I tried the sunglasses and the film, which does help, but just a little. The head unit I have also has a setting where you can change the viewing angle of the screen a bit to help with glare. This didn't do a whole lot either.

After a few years, I have just learned to deal with it. If you figure anything out, or if someone else replies to this thread with a solution, I am all ears!!

Get notified of new replies

To Sony head unit glare and front camera question

Quick Reply: Sony head unit glare and front camera question