C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Chevrolet corvette Fuel pump relay issue also P2176 CEL

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 08:53 PM
Corvetian
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevrolet corvette Fuel pump relay issue also P2176 CEL

Hi
My 2005 corvette has some electrical issue I can’t figure out
The fuel pump just stopped working so I removed / replace the relay it still didn't work (so the relay itself is good)

so I hot wired the fuel pump relay location (30 a 87) to see if fuel pump is working. It worked everything is running well most of the time. (I have to disconnect the battery every time I park lol) but sometimes it goes into limp mode and throws off check engine lightP2176

Throttle Control Lower Position Not Learned
I've cleaned the throttle body before these issues started too so I am not sure if that is contributing to the issue.

I start/stop like few times it comes out of the limp mode

When it is out of the limp mode everything works great full power etc

The car has 120k miles currently
I’ve purchased it about 5k miles ago approximately 6 months. Previous owner didn’t really tell me any issues but I knew there would be some stuff (the purchase price was low)

it’s been such a great corvette. I have been working on it here and there but I am no mechanic by any means.

I took apart the fuse box for the common fuel pump wiring issues (read on this forum) and didn’t want to mess with putting a new connector on the wire etc since I don’t want to mess things up even worse.

However I don’t even know what I achieved by hot wiring the relay even though fuel pump is running I would rather fix its problem and have it run via relay like it’s meant to run

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Corvetian; 05-14-2024 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:51 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Read this.

Quick Reply: 2005 Chevrolet corvette Fuel pump relay issue also P2176 CEL