C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dr. Color Chip

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 09:45 AM
aldidude
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Dr. Color Chip

Hey all. Just wondering if Dr. Color chip is still the way to go with fixing small rock chips. I have a few small ones I would like to take care of. I used this product years ago on my C5 and liked it. I didn't know if there is something better out there that you are using? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:15 AM
Whitepony04
Tired Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

Automotivetouchup.com

this is the only place I will buy touch up paint. I did some painting of small parts on my aging mustang. Every autozone and other brand would not match 2004 oxford white. (Which in ford’s wisdom, made 2 versions of Oxford white).
automotivetouchups paints are mixed when you order and are a near perfect match. I ordered a bottle of torch red for my gs and it matches perfectly. Attached are some photos of some pieces on my mustang I painted using their rattle cans and spray max 2k. They look damn near professional.

i rattle canned the spoiler, mirror covers and side scoops. After wet sand and DA, they came out really good.

Old 05-16-2024, 11:20 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,142 Posts

Near perfection courtesy of Dr. Colorchip (and some paint correction with ceramic coating). The shop who did my paint correction said Dr. Colorchip was the easiest touch up solution they had ever used.

Old 05-16-2024, 01:07 PM
aldidude
Advanced

Originally Posted by Whitepony04
Automotivetouchup.com

this is the only place I will buy touch up paint. I did some painting of small parts on my aging mustang. Every autozone and other brand would not match 2004 oxford white. (Which in ford’s wisdom, made 2 versions of Oxford white).
automotivetouchups paints are mixed when you order and are a near perfect match. I ordered a bottle of torch red for my gs and it matches perfectly. Attached are some photos of some pieces on my mustang I painted using their rattle cans and spray max 2k. They look damn near professional.

i rattle canned the spoiler, mirror covers and side scoops. After wet sand and DA, they came out really good.

Wow! That looks great coming from a rattle can!
The following users liked this post:
Whitepony04 (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 01:11 PM
aldidude
Advanced

[QUOTE=VetteVinnie;1607813414]Near perfection courtesy of Dr. Colorchip (and some paint correction with ceramic coating). The shop who did my paint correction said Dr. Colorchip was the easiest touch up solution they had ever used.

Great looking GS. Thanks for the feedback. DR. Color chip worked great for me in the past for small chips (super easy to apply).
The following users liked this post:
VetteVinnie (05-16-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Dr. Color Chip

Quick Reply: Dr. Color Chip