C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 GS LS3 Exhaust Flange Gasket Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 07:45 PM
TLRD
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Quote for 13 GS LS3 Exhaust Flange Gasket Replacement

Hello all,

I just recently had a Corsa X-pipe installed and after picking up the car noticed a loud "tick" which I immediately recognized as an exhaust leak. I took the car back to the shop, thinking a bolt wasn't tightened down all the way causing the leak. I left the car there over the weekend so they could look it over after cooling down. Today they advised me the leak was coming from "the connection from the manifold into the cat converter". The shop quoted me $594 to fix the exhaust flange gaskets for both the right and left bank. I'll include a cost breakdown below.

Part: Exhaust pipe flange gasket 2@$49= $99
Labor: Catalytic Converter, R&R Right Bank $210
Labor: Catalytic Converter, R&R Left Bank $210

With tax and $36.40 in "fees" the total came out to $594.08

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else to replace two "exhaust flange gaskets"? The shop I took it to is supposedly a very reputable shop here in Utah. I was told people often bring their cars from out of state specifically to this shop. I should mention there was ZERO tick and/or any exhaust leak that I was aware of prior to installing the X-Pipe.

Last edited by TLRD; 05-20-2024 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:43 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TLRD
Hello all,

I just recently had a Corsa X-pipe installed and after picking up the car noticed a loud "tick" which I immediately recognized as an exhaust leak. I took the car back to the shop, thinking a bolt wasn't tightened down all the way causing the leak. I left the car there over the weekend so they could look it over after cooling down. Today they advised me the leak was coming from "the connection from the manifold into the cat converter". The shop quoted me $594 to fix the exhaust flange gaskets for both the right and left bank. I'll include a cost breakdown below.

Part: Exhaust pipe flange gasket 2@$49= $99
Labor: Catalytic Converter, R&R Right Bank $210
Labor: Catalytic Converter, R&R Left Bank $210

With tax and $36.40 in "fees" the total came out to $594.08

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else to replace two "exhaust flange gaskets"? The shop I took it to is supposedly a very reputable shop here in Utah. I was told people often bring their cars from out of state specifically to this shop. I should mention there was ZERO tick and/or any exhaust leak that I was aware of prior to installing the X-Pipe.
Seems high to me but I’m only a shade tree mechanic! I know I could do it for way way less then that amount but no idea what the labor rate is in your part of Utah! It’s really not a very difficult job imo.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:12 PM
PMPerformance
Drifting

Received 638 Likes on 365 Posts

That rate is silly, but this is the price you
pay if you cannot work on a car yourself.
Pretty sure shops charge this to install longtubes though. Lol

Get notified of new replies

To 13 GS LS3 Exhaust Flange Gasket Replacement

Quick Reply: 13 GS LS3 Exhaust Flange Gasket Replacement