C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drip...Drip...Drip......

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 01:07 PM
davidwp97
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Mervz)

I have been trying to keep up with this goldmine of info in a summary of all the specs on this page of my web site:

The Latest C6 Spy Shots and Specs

I also added a link to this:

Great job, Zane! I will trust that IF you have the horsepower numbers, you will top your creative release of the specs with a Horsepower Numbers Grand Finale!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

David
I love this stuff!! :D :D

[Modified by davidwp97, 1:10 PM 11/24/2003]
Old 11-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Monster231
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (davidwp97)

This is awesome, thanks everyone. But my poor C5 will suck now
Old 11-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Monster231)

I want to add something about the Push button start. It looks like it is GM's version of Mercedes' Keyless Go. If this is true, then it one of those items like a cell phone, where you can't figure out how you got along without it. You never have to take the key out of your pocket. On the MB the inside of the door pull is touch sensitive to unlock the door so as you pull the handle the door unlocks and opens(if you have the key in your pocket). Once in the car, you just put your foot on the brake and push a button and the car starts. It is not just some button, like on an S2000 Honda where you still have to have a key in the ignition. The system is indispensable if you are carrying things as you approach the car. The car will refuse to lock if you have the keys inside and, in the MB, if you leave the key in the trunk it will pop back open if you close it. Perhaps this has something to do with the power hatch.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:13 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Blocktrdr)

I want to add something about the Push button start. It looks like it is GM's version of Mercedes' Keyless Go. If this is true, then it one of those items like a cell phone, where you can't figure out how you got along without it. .
wonder how that will work w/ a manual xmission? Maybe N/A w/ the manual?
Old 11-24-2003, 02:18 PM
TAL
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: (Mervz)

Mervz;

What are the audio options? Is the Bose standard? Is navigation an option to the Bose? How do all these break down?

What are the limited options for the "Super Base Coupe"?

Thanks for your info.

Todd

[Modified by TAL, 2:35 PM 11/24/2003]
Old 11-24-2003, 02:20 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (need-for-speed)

Just like now: depress the clutch pedal.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:43 PM
chadwick
Team Owner

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Scissors)

I wonder how long it willl be before you can order those tires from Goodyear. I'm sure there are one or two people out there that wouldn't mind trying a bigger EMT tire on their C5s...
Old 11-24-2003, 02:49 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Mervz)

Great info Mervz, and thanks. :thumbs:

How about storage in addition to the console? Under the door arms like the C4? Still a glove box in front and compartments in the back? Pockets behind seats like the Euro cars?
Old 11-24-2003, 02:53 PM
SuperChevyICM
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: (Mervz)

Mervz

Great info & method of delivery. Great to add a little suspense to a boring day. If I had to guess I would say that you are looking at some Autobook Option Listings. That kind of info would have to be coordinated early to be able to program the VOM system to corelate.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:54 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Blocktrdr)

I want to add something about the Push button start. It looks like it is GM's version of Mercedes' Keyless Go. If this is true, then it one of those items like a cell phone, where you can't figure out how you got along without it. You never have to take the key out of your pocket. On the MB the inside of the door pull is touch sensitive to unlock the door so as you pull the handle the door unlocks and opens(if you have the key in your pocket). Once in the car, you just put your foot on the brake and push a button and the car starts. It is not just some button, like on an S2000 Honda where you still have to have a key in the ignition. The system is indispensable if you are carrying things as you approach the car. The car will refuse to lock if you have the keys inside and, in the MB, if you leave the key in the trunk it will pop back open if you close it. Perhaps this has something to do with the power hatch.
You pretty much just described the system on the XLR, which is probably the same thing being installed into the C6. I saw it in action this summer and it IS pretty slick. I'm not clear on how the memory seats will function in conjunction with this, though. Today the seats "assume the position" when I insert or remove the key. What triggers it with the keyless system?
Old 11-24-2003, 02:58 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Karl_in_Chicago)

The C5 seats assume the position based on which fob was used to unlock the car, or which memory button is pressed. A assume the C6 will be similar.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (thevettenet CA)

The C5 seats assume the position based on which fob was used to unlock the car, or which memory button is pressed. A assume the C6 will be similar.
I know what determines the position - that wasn't the question. The question is in a keyless system what activates the seats - other than pressing the memory button? Today when I enter the car, close the door, and place the key in the ignition the seats/mirrors/etc motor to the driving position. When I'm ready to exit and remove the key everything motors to the "easy entry/exit" position. Without a key, my question is what is the trigger?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Bigben
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (thevettenet CA)

Now that this thread has made it to the front page of the forum things are really going to get crazy, but at least the pictures won't get questioned all the time. This thread will be 20 pages long soon. Can someone summarize all the info periodically? So that the same questions won't keep being asked and the rest of us won't need to read 20 pages to get the scoop. :cheers: :lurk:

That way the :mad flames will be kept to a minimum from the regulars @
this section.

[Modified by Bigben, 8:18 PM 11/24/2003]

[Modified by Bigben, 8:19 PM 11/24/2003]
Old 11-24-2003, 03:24 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

When I'm ready to exit and remove the key everything motors to the "easy entry/exit" position. Without a key, my question is what is the trigger?
Probably the opening of the door or setting the parking brake.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Bigben)

Now that this thread has made it to the front page of the forum things are really going to get crazy, but at least the pictures won't get questioned all the time. This thread will be 20 pages long soon. Can someone summarize all the info periodically? So that the same questions won't keep being asked and the rest of us won't need to read 20 pages to get the scoop. :cheers: :lurk:

That way the :mad flames will be kept to a minimum from the regulars @
this section.

[Modified by Bigben, 8:18 PM 11/24/2003]

[Modified by Bigben, 8:19 PM 11/24/2003]
David Palmeter has been doing a pretty nice job at keeping a running summary going at his own website: http://palmeter.com/CorvetteTimelineW11P06a.htm
Old 11-24-2003, 03:53 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what determines the position - that wasn't the question. The question is in a keyless system what activates the seats - other than pressing the memory button? Today when I enter the car, close the door, and place the key in the ignition the seats/mirrors/etc motor to the driving position. When I'm ready to exit and remove the key everything motors to the "easy entry/exit" position. Without a key, my question is what is the trigger?
Ah - I see your point now.... furthermore, once you've started the car, how do you turn it off?
Old 11-24-2003, 03:59 PM
jared2456
Instructor

Great Info guys...I'm definitely on the verge of getting caught looking at CF at work :eek:

Better stop now while I can :D

All this info is making my 4 week old MSG coupe sound like a wuss :sad:

Keep up the good spy work

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Drip...Drip...Drip......

Old 11-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Wilson6t7
Race Director

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (jared2456)

:eek: Helluva post Mervz!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:15 PM
SuperChevyICM
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Bigben)

Summary:

'Performance Handling Package:' performance-oriented package for the Gymkhana/Autocross enthusiast, includes power steering, engine oil and transmission coolers, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, specific shock absorbers, larger brakes with cross-drilled rotors, specific tires and performance gearing, Z51-specific, 6-speed manual transmission or performance axle ratio with automatic transmission

'CM7 Convertible top:' power folding, includes glass rear window with integral defogger

'Convertible top:' manual folding, includes glass rear window with integral defogger

'Sound system with Navigation': ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, (U65) Sound system feature, Bose premium 7-speaker system, DVD navigation with GPS, 6.5" LCD color display touch screen, voice recognition, includes Radio Data System, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, automatic volume and TheftLock

'Keyless Access:' with push-button start, includes 2 remote transmitters which enable automatic door unlock and open by touching door switch

'Headlamps:' bi-functional high-intensity discharge, includes automatic exterior lamp control

'Console, floor:' lockable, includes 2 covered cupholders, ashtray with cigar lighter, auxiliary power outlet and CD storage

'Head-Up Display:' includes dot-matrix readouts for street mode, track mode with g-meter, vehicle speed, engine rpm, and readings from key gauges including water temperature, oil pressure and fuel levels

'10U Arctic White
19U LeMans Blue Metallic1
27U Precision Red
41U Black
67U Machine Silver Metallic
71U Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
79U Millennium Yellow
86U Magnetic Red Metallic II'

'Roof Package:' includes (CF7) Roof panel, 1-piece, body-color and (CC3) Roof panel, 1-piece, transparent

'Tires, front:' P245/40ZR18, extended mobility, Eagle F1

'Tires, rear:' P285/35ZR19, extended mobility, Eagle F1

'Wheels, 5-spoke aluminum:' 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm), front and 19" x 10.0" (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm), rear

'Wheels, polished, 5-spoke aluminum:' 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm), front and 19" x 10.0" (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm), rear

'Engine:' 6.0L LS2 V8 SFI

'Seats:' heated, driver and passenger

'Air bags:' frontal and side impact, driver and front passenger

'Axle, 2.73 ratio, limited slip'
1 - Standard with (MX0) Transmission, 4-speed automatic.

'Axle, 3.15 performance ratio'
1 - Only available with (MX0) Transmission, 4-speed automatic.

'Axle, 3.42 ratio, limited slip'
1 - Standard with (MN6) Transmission, 6-speed manual.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:18 PM
laramr
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Drip...Drip...Drip...... (Wilson6t7)

What a post!!

OK... We seem have a good handle on the looks and some assurance of better performance, but what about the SOUND? Exhaust by one of our aftermarket friends by any chance? Inquiring minds want to know Merv!

:party:

Quick Reply: Drip...Drip...Drip......