C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio Portable

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 06:18 PM
jackcasa
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Satellite Radio Portable

From our morning paper: "XM Satellite Radio said Tuesday it will sell a portable radio with a built-in antenna that can record up to five hours of satellite programming. The 7.3 ounce device will act as a TiVo for satellite radio, letting users record one station while they listen to another, or record a station when they are not using the radio at all.
Users will not be able to download music from other sources. The $350 radio, which will be available in early December, will have headphones and a remote control and come with kits to adapt it for car and home use."
Sounds like just the ticket for my needs 'cause I don't want the "wart" on the roof of my car. . .if I ever get it, that is.
FWIW. . .

Last edited by jackcasa; 10-27-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jackcasa
The $350 radio, which will be available in early December, will have headphones and a remote control and come with kits to adapt it for car and home use."
Sounds like just the ticket for my needs 'cause I don't want the "wart" on the roof of my car. . .if I ever get it, that is.
FWIW. . .
Guess you must not have heard: XM radio sales have been so slow, they're requiring them for all C6s built after November 1, 2004.

Just kidding. That price is only $25 more than the C6 option. Wonder if it will be easily moved from home to car and vice versa? Sounds like you would probably record at home and play in the car if you didn't want the "wart".
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 PM
jackcasa
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedC6Coupe
Guess you must not have heard: XM radio sales have been so slow, they're requiring them for all C6s built after November 1, 2004.

Just kidding. That price is only $25 more than the C6 option. Wonder if it will be easily moved from home to car and vice versa? Sounds like you would probably record at home and play in the car if you didn't want the "wart".
Yep, that's zacky what I had in mind, being able to use it at home and in our other vehicles.

Get notified of new replies

To Satellite Radio Portable

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Portable