C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMAC financing

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Karfever
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I got 3.75 for 60 mo at the local Teachers Credit union, through the deaalership. They would go 72 months at the same rate. Down payment of 10% required.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:43 AM
tT-REXXX
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insist

Originally Posted by FLC6
Anyone finance though GMAC?

They quoted me a rate of 4.99 for 72 months.

Do you think I can do better through them or is that a good rate. I have a very high beacon score.

Does GMAC have any hidden fee's or anything I should watch out for?
Using myself as an example,if gm is running it's o% deal insist on that,but only if you have really good credit. My 50th 03 was 0% for 60 months from dealer in md.their inventory is starting to pile up,Timing is everything.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:55 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Good Rate

Do you think I can do better through them or is that a good rate. I have a very high beacon score.

That looks like a good rate. With my CU, I got 3.9 for 48 mos. 4.6 for 72 was avail but I want to pay it off early. A half % for $50k @ 72 mos is:
Old 11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Good Rate

That looks like a good rate. With my CU, I got 3.9 for 48 mos. 4.6 for 72 was avail but I want to pay it off early. A half % for $50k @ 72 mos is:
@ 4.5 pmt is 793.70
@ 4.0 pmt is 782.25
JT in VA Bch
Old 11-22-2004, 10:26 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Thats #1 big reason why I got 04/ 0 % percent 5 years, Ill get a C6 in 7 or 8 years. Prices always come down.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Default Rates At Mac Mulkin Chevrolet

[QUOTE=Corvette SSX]Yes and Yes. It's as much up to the finance manager as to what rate they "give" you as it is GMAC. The higher the rate, the more the stealership makes so they always quote a higher rate than you can get on your own. Do the leg work to get your best rate on your own and I guarantee they will match it.[/QUOTEwhen you finance through Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin Chevrolet i give my customer what you call buyrate. its the rate the bank gives me. i am always willing to show my customers everything. thats what i would expect if i was the customer. i make a little less upfront but in the end i make out because i have a customer for life and lots of referals. thats y i sell 40-50 cars a month part time just on referals. as for gmac every month gmac has interest rates depending on your tear your credit is. these rates are the same for every dealer. when the finance guy tells you he's he will call gmac to match the deal he's not telling the truth. your credit for gmac is rated in tears from s,a,b,c,d,e the only thing you can sometimes do if your platinum like us you can get the bank to bump your tear. if you not a s tear. only sometimes does that work.thats just part of the reason i have been the largest corvette dealer in new england since i have started handling corvette customers. this year i will triple last years sales mainly because of the way i talk to my customers and take care of them.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:26 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow..you guys got quoted great rates compared to me. They offered me 7.75%. I said forget it and borrowed the rest from my sister.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:42 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

With rates as low as they are, dealers are not stepping on the rates as much as they used to. Not enough room.

Quick Reply: GMAC financing