Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tomorrow night (7/16) we'll know for sure!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you two at it again?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by Lazerwolfe
Are you two at it again?
We're lovers.

(Take note of who started it...again.)
Old 07-26-2005, 10:30 AM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scissors
We're lovers.

Like hell we are ! I've witnessed too many of your screw jobs on the innocent or otherwise defenseless forum members.

You should be the Z06 Moderator .... that way you could always get in the LAST WORD.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by bernrex
Like hell we are !
Don't try to hide it any longer. Our love is eternal and must be shared with others.

I've witnessed too many of your screw jobs on the innocent or otherwise defenseless forum members.
Link? Preferrably to something semi-recent like, say, this year?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
VR'92
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

We're lovers.

ROFL
Old 07-26-2005, 12:57 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Crow for what? I never stated that Dave Hill drove the car. In fact, I've stated just the opposite several times. But your personal attack is quite endearing and lets us all know what your emotional and mental age is.

Hhmmmmm..... sure YOU DID !!!!

Over & over again... when you and your little Buddies kept quoting that magazine article which said the C-6 Vette turned a lap in 7 minutes 56 seconds.. driven by David Hill !!!
Old 07-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by trumper Z06
Hhmmmmm..... sure YOU DID !!!!

Over & over again... when you and your little Buddies kept quoting that magazine article which said the C-6 Vette turned a lap in 7 minutes 56 seconds.. driven by David Hill !!!
Incorrect.

If it's true, you should be able to easily provide a link to even one time when I stated that Dave Hill drove the C6 on the Nordschleife in an attempt to get a best time.

But you're not going to let a fact get in the way of your trolling, are you?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:02 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Gosh Scissors, we now KNOW that ALL your statements regarding C-6 lap times at Nurburgring including...

a C-6 Corvette turned a lap in 7 minutes 56 seconds at Nurburgring were

WRONG !!!!

We also know that your referenced SOURCE...

ie. the Magazine article showing the phanton time/driven by David Hill was also in-correct !!!

the question is....

Did you fail to do your... HOMEWORK ???

Or were you intentionally.... ( fill in the blank) !!!

I guess my quoting David Hill's response to questions about lap times at Nurburgring by both a C-5 Z06 ( 7:56) and a C-6 Z51 ( NO OFFICIAL LAP TIME) has been confirmed!!!! AGAIN !!!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude's Donor '06

Gosh Scissors, we now KNOW that ALL your statements regarding C-6 lap times at Nurburgring including...

a C-6 Corvette turned a lap in 7 minutes 56 seconds at Nurburgring were

WRONG !!!!
No, as I've repeatedly stated and you've repeatedly ignored, I was referring to a time with a preproduction C6. GM isn't going to post a preproduction time as official considering that the suspension and even tires aren't what you'll find on the production car.

But yet again, you aren't letting the facts get in your way.

We also know that your referenced SOURCE...

ie. the Magazine article showing the phanton time/driven by David Hill was also in-correct !!!
Please provide a link to this article which states that Dave Hill drove the C6 to that time. You can't because it doesn't exist. The only article I ever referenced, and it wasn't my source to begin with, was the Autocar article from August 3-9th of 2004. And the only thing it stated was that a "...Porsche 911 GT3 (996) laps the Nordschleife at the Nurburgring in 7.56min. So does the Corvette C6."

Now we all know that you don't care about the facts, but my original source was Dave Hill at Cruise-In 5:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...m_id=74&arch=1

At that time, there were no production C6s. So obviously the time was achieved during testing a tweaking of a preproduction C6. As such, it is not a time that can be advertised by GM as official.

But it's pretty clear that you're just lying and ignoring what you wish in order to try to stir up s**t. That's called trolling and is against the forum rules.

I guess my quoting David Hill's response to questions about lap times at Nurburgring by both a C-5 Z06 ( 7:56) and a C-6 Z51 ( NO OFFICIAL LAP TIME) has been confirmed!!!! AGAIN !!!
The C6 Z51 does have an official lap time now. It's 7:59. But yet again, you don't care about facts. You just care about fighting.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Ok..I have no idea of the standard C5 time at the Ring...so I'll presume the time listed above of 8' 18" is correct. Now the 04 Z06 has run the Ring in 7' 56. The 05 C6 time is UNKNOWN. Chevy did set a goal and worked to improve the 06 C6 and finally broke the 8 minute barrier with a run of 7' 59 with the upcoming 2006 version of the car.

Hmmm 8' 18 to 7' 56 is a difference of 22 seconds (standard C5 to C5 Z06)...3/4 of that would be 16.5 seconds....so if you subtract 16.5 seconds from the C5 time of 8' 18" you get 8' 1.5"....now, GM hasn't released a time for the 2005 C6 Z51 but as they 'worked' to improve the 2006 car per kDave Hill and those improvements got the car to 7' 59"...I can see some tweaking of the suspension being worth 2-3 seconds.....thus the improvement of the 2006 c6 Z51 to the 7' 59" mark...so yeah, if the 2005 C6 was unofficilaly running in the very low 8 minute range (8' 2-3")--that would be about 3/4 of the way between the standard C5 and the C5 Z06...........

so I don't think we can jump all over Chevy marketing for using the 3/4 comments......again--we are talking about ballpark averages guys....and thus MY ESTIMATE as to the improvement in the C6 from 2005 to 2006....since GM won't release any 2005 figures.....but a 2-3 second improvement is possible for the 2006 version which puts the 2005 C5 right into that 3/4 04 Z06 difference ballpark...
Old 07-26-2005, 04:11 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

No, as I've repeatedly stated and you've repeatedly ignored, I was referring to a time with a preproduction C6. GM isn't going to post a preproduction time as official considering that the suspension and even tires aren't what you'll find on the production car.

BS Scissors.... you're out & out.... LYING !!!

But yet again, you aren't letting the facts get in your way.

These are the FACTS !!!

You swore that the 05 C-6 Z51 turned a lap at the ring in 7:56.. then you referenced the magazine article that printed the phanton time & listed David Hill as the driver!!!

Please provide a link to this article which states that Dave Hill drove the C6 to that time.

Thats your source, now your trying to deny it, huh !!!

Hell Scissors.... I quoted David Hill's comments that HE NEVER DROVE a Vette at the ring for time... over on the crossed flags forum.

Now we all know these are the facts, but my original source was Dave Hill at Cruise-In 5:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...m_id=74&arch=1

Hhmmmmm. I See your phanton C-6 7:56 time, again!!!

At that time, there were no production C6s. So obviously the time was achieved during testing a tweaking of a preproduction C6. As such, it is not a time that can be advertised by GM as official.

W O W.... were you there... or is that wishful thinking ?

But it's pretty clear that you're just lying and ignoring what you wish in order to try to stir up s**t. That's called trolling and is against the forum rules.

Oh my, now that we caught you PRETENDING to know more than you do... you start Whining and cite forum rules.... lets see what response the Moderators have to your remarks!

The C6 Z51 does have an official lap time now. It's 7:59. But yet again, you don't care about facts. You just care about fighting.

Hhmmmm. that's the 06 C-6 which may have some improvements!!! Still not your FABLED 7:56 lap... huh !!!

Last edited by trumper Z06; 07-26-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Like hell we are !
Old 07-26-2005, 06:10 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTrain
GTrain .... I'll let you have that dance. Picture from your cherished photo album?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Lazerwolfe
Are you two at it again?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GTrain
Old 07-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude's Donor '06

BS Scissors.... you're out & out.... LYING !!!
Then it should be easy for you to simply provide a link proving as much.

And here's proof that I'm not lying. That I did, in fact, state that it was a preproduction C6 multiple times:

Here's what I said in May:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1550687014

And in early July:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1551270505

Plus common sense, which you obviously lack, tells one that at the time of CI-5 there were not any production C6s yet.

These are the FACTS !!!

You swore that the 05 C-6 Z51 turned a lap at the ring in 7:56.. then you referenced the magazine article that printed the phanton time & listed David Hill as the driver!!!
Again, you're making s**t up. I am not aware of any article which lists Dave Hill as the driver. If it exists, you should be able to easily provide a link to it. So go ahead, prove it. You can't because you're lying.

Thats your source, now your trying to deny it, huh !!!
Again, provide a link. Even to a single instance of this supposed incident where I allegedly said that Dave Hill was the driver. Yet again, you can't because it didn't happen.

Hell Scissors.... I quoted David Hill's comments that HE NEVER DROVE a Vette at the ring for time... over on the crossed flags forum.
So what? I never said he did drive it. Yet again, I challenge you to prove your claim.

Hhmmmmm. I See your phanton C-6 7:56 time, again!!!
Not phantom, real. Check the date of the thread.

W O W.... were you there... or is that wishful thinking ?
Logic, which you clearly lack. Dave Hill stated that the best time they've gotten on the ring with the C6 was 7:56. At that time there were no production C6s, so obviously he was talking about a preproduction C6. It follows that the time cannot be used by GM as an official time as it was not done in stock trim.

Oh my, now that we caught you PRETENDING to know more than you do... you start Whining and cite forum rules.... lets see what response the Moderators have to your remarks!
I'm providing links and proof whereas all you're doing is making accusations. On top of that, it's you who stirred up trouble without any prodding from me. It's pretty clear that you're just trying to cause trouble.

Hhmmmm. that's the 06 C-6 which may have some improvements!!! Still not your FABLED 7:56 lap... huh !!!
And, please--clean up your grammar and learn how to use the quote and search systems next time. You're making yourself look bad.

Cheers.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

We're lovers.
He's just using you for arguing. Break up with him.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:19 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

You should be the Z06 Moderator .... that way you could always get in the LAST WORD.
What a great idea!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tomorrow night (7/16) we'll know for sure!