Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] So how's this baby DRIVE?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:19 AM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default So how's this baby DRIVE?!

Dang, all these threads about delivery, mods, rwhp, wax, etc., but I can't find much about how these beasts are to drive! I'm probably just lazy and haven't looked hard enough, but I'd really like to hear about the driving impressions of the new Z. Even better would be from those who previously or still own C5 Z's (I have an '04).

Old 10-06-2005, 08:29 AM
BRIAN60x
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only driven c5's but never owned one. The z06 is like nothing I have ever driven. It is actually hard to drive slow. When I want to keep it slow I have to shift out of each gear at 2000 rpm"s to avoid all of the torque. It gets really "torky"? above that. Its like driving a fast dirt bike that just gets faster the faster you go. If that makes any sense. My friend drove it yesterday. He has a 2005 c6. He got behind the wheel and we were going 110 mph before we got to the top of the entrance ramp to the highway(going uphill, and less than a 1/4 mile). He didnt even push the rpm's past 6000. I believe he will put his order in today. He could not stop talking about it, he even called me last night at home to talk about it some more.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:38 AM
COAndy
Le Mans Master

I want one so bad i could cry. And I have to wait about 2 years.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

GREAT cross country road warrior! Just came back from Museum Delivery, to Oregon in four days. The car was better than wonderful, including getting over 27 MPG last three tankfuls (though that was on cruise control, about 75-80 MPH). If one hits a stretch of rough concrete pavement, especially that which has a "crossing tar strip" about every 75 feet, it can get a little noisy and a little bumpy. However, 98% of the time, it was just perfect. The steering is just the right amount of boost, and easy to drive (not too tight so overcorrecting). And the power level is beyond ferocious! Brakes are tremendous too. All this, and yet, around town or in stop and go traffic, it is so docile and easy to drive.

Can't say enough how great a road warrior and daily driver it is!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
itsaz
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

All of what Elegant said plus: 4th gear+1/2 throttle= 105MPH.
No wind noise, just pure speed and effortlessly, I might add. I honestly think the car was designed to cruise at triple digit speeds all day long. If only we had an Autobahn.

Tom in WF
Old 10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by itsaz
All of what Elegant said plus: 4th gear+1/2 throttle= 105MPH.
No wind noise, just pure speed and effortlessly, I might add. I honestly think the car was designed to cruise at triple digit speeds all day long. If only we had an Autobahn.

Tom in WF
We HAVE an autobahn. We are just not allowed to use our interstates to their full potential.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 AM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. There've got to be more driving impressions to be heard though, so TTT.

Get notified of new replies

To So how's this baby DRIVE?!

Quick Reply: [Z06] So how's this baby DRIVE?!