Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Update - Toll/Reedman trying to screw me

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Blk03Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli25
First off why would the story not be true. Everyone else that I have talked to paid $5,000 or over. I paid half of that and will be driving the car for a while before you decide you can afford it. Dont be a hater. Your posts in this thread really reflect your character. So screw off.

Don't bother talking to these guys! This forum is full of people that don't mind giving free advice. You paying more than they would pay is unthinkable to these guys.

Hey, if you make enough money to buy what you want when you want it, you turn into a "rich guy" in their eyes. I would surely pay an extra $2,500 to drive the car for an extra 6 - 8 weeks. Why? Because I can! I work hard and pay my taxes on time so who cares?

Go and enjoy your car. Now you know why the "wave" died. Because you would be waving to one of these guys!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Nulltime
Drifting

Ack, sorry to hear that. Yeah in that case it was definitely worth the 5k to aquire the car now. I hope you two have some great times together in that amazing car.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:48 PM
vermjpv
Now a CTS-V Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 5-6-7 & 9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Enjoy your new ride, and to heck with these "naysayers".
You are in our prayers
Old 10-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk03Z06
Don't bother talking to these guys! This forum is full of people that don't mind giving free advice. You paying more than they would pay is unthinkable to these guys.
I don't think that is a fair assessment. First, let me say that under the circumstances the poster finds himself in, I fully support any decision he made. Heck, I'd support him no matter what his circumstances were. But regardless, my prayers go out to you and your family.

Back to the subject. I think the issue here isn't $2,500.00. It is LYING. You don't seem to think the dealer's integrity matters. Others of us DO. That is the issue. Not paying more than we would pay, but caving in to a dealer who went back on his word and changed the deal.

But I've done it before on a much smaller scale. A couple hours from home, they had the car I wanted and we worked the deal, then the paperwork arrived and nearly $500 in "fees" were tacked on. The deal was $2,000 off MSRP on a coupe back in 1999 when that was better than I could get from my local dealer. So, I ate the $500 and decided that would be the only Corvette I got there. I got my next two from someone else...

Hey, if you make enough money to buy what you want when you want it, you turn into a "rich guy" in their eyes. I would surely pay an extra $2,500 to drive the car for an extra 6 - 8 weeks. Why? Because I can! I work hard and pay my taxes on time so who cares?
Again, I think the issue in this thread is the broken promise on the dealer's part. Not the $2,500.00.

Go and enjoy your car. Now you know why the "wave" died. Because you would be waving to one of these guys!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:26 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

So do we have the car? Are we happy? Pics?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Aerohawk
Drifting

I'm trying to figure out why, if money is no big deal and we should live like there's no tomorrow, you made such a big deal out of the $5k.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Scoob
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Steele
Back to the subject. I think the issue here isn't $2,500.00. It is LYING. You don't seem to think the dealer's integrity matters. Others of us DO. That is the issue. Not paying more than we would pay, but caving in to a dealer who went back on his word and changed the deal.
Thank you.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:10 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hlv
I will tell you why My wife Has cancer and she will be going in for
treatment on the 24th she will be in for 90 to 100 days if every thing
goes good she might get 44 mo . She has a very hard time walking
so our only fun time is to take the vette for a ride some times we will
go 150 miles to eat lunch. I try to get here out of the house as much
as I can . Her cancer is uncureable and as it gets worse her bones will
brake even more than they all ready have. I can take her for a ride now!
There is no tomarrow and you guys that think there is get your heads
out of your *** , That $5,000 means nothing , What is inportant
is so good times with my wife will she is still here. I had been on a list
with a forum dealer an they saw fit to skip over the list and by for stock . Read the paper , every night there are names of people that
were going to do something the next day and it did not come.
I am deeply saddened to hear of your wife's illness. You are absolutely right. Even if we are healthy, who knows when "our time" has come. My mother passed away at 59 last december and the one thing that she told me that she was animate about was, don't wait on things, do them as soon as possible, because you don't know which turn might be your last. She had alot of things she wanted to do,but things happen. I hope you have a great time i your new Z. It is a kind of therapy, I am sure as mine will be for me. I wish you both the best.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 PM
spicoli25
Racer

Originally Posted by Triple Black C6
So do we have the car? Are we happy? Pics?
Yes it is in my garage! It is raining so as soon as the sun comes out I will post pics.

Drove it today for 55 miles in the rain and it handle pretty darn good. Very happy about that incase I get stuck in the rain in the future.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:26 AM
BobPa
Advanced

Best of luck to you.

Toll / Reedman Sucks!
They are the closest car dealer to me and I will swear I will never go back there...even for service.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
spicoli25
Racer

Originally Posted by BobPa
Best of luck to you.

Toll / Reedman Sucks!
They are the closest car dealer to me and I will swear I will never go back there...even for service.

Who do you use for service?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 PM
BobPa
Advanced

Used Reedman...sold the C5.
Looking for a C6 in the spring.
Anyone use Fred Beans for service?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM
CarolVettes
Pro

Location: Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Used Beans for parts quite a bit, always low low price and fast service.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Cool 50th AE
Race Director

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli25
Who do you use for service?
Bryner in Jenkintown is supposed to be good for Corvette service.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
vmspionage
Burning Brakes

$2,500 over? Not bad, Casey Chevrolet was trying to talk me into $25k over. I told them to shove it with a quickness!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:30 PM
all4c4lt4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how the issue here is even that the dealer is lying to the poster, or any of the others in his same situation. Is the dealer the party to balme? Analyzing it from a business p.o.v., you orally agreed to pay $70k+ for a car. Spending this kind of money without something in writing is crazy to me. This can't be the first time someone has lied to you, or that a business deal has gone bad. But, these are the possible problems when your agreement is not in writing. I understand that it may be the customary practice of dealers not to obtain written contracts before placing orders, however, this does not stop customers from obtaining the same. Caveat emptor! Would you buy a house for $200,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000 with no written contract? I agree with you that the dealer's tactics are wrong. But is the dealer the only party at fault when you didn't get what you believed to have bargained for?

On a side note, my sympathy and prayers to the orginal poster for his wife's situation.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:40 PM
bowtie_bias
Melting Slicks

Everything these guys have said about tollreedman is absolutely the total truth . The closest REAL vette dealer to me is Classic in Moorestown . Those goofs got 1 LMB Z and a total allocation of about 12 or 13 . I went and checked it out . Hilarious ! They almost have the thing behind a velvet rope and indoors like it's fricken platinum or something and not 95% a race car . So , since I did'nt feel comfortable
even looking at the car , which btw is going for $90 or highest offer { I was told in August that their first ZR 1 went for $105 so this time basically " it was on " and the Z06 would go to the higest bidder in a bid war } , I decided to hit the closest real corvette dealer . AC on a weekday is just too far because I live on the Delaware side of S NJ .
Reedman is charging $10k or more as the cars come in . The $5k is for the first group of people on the list , like the first 5 to 7 people . Everyone else on the list pays 10k over . The stock cars are 15k and rising as demand increases . I will say one thing , they had their Z's outside . This ain't a garage queen . No offense , but if your thinking that way , get yourself a vert , just my opinion .

Quick Reply: [Z06] Update - Toll/Reedman trying to screw me