Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Who has had their Z06's alignment done?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who has had their Z06's alignment done?

Curious if any Z06 owners have had their Z06 alignment spec's checked and or changed?

What where your results?

I had my C6 checked out and the spec's where no where near factory at 13k miles. When a local tuner shop did a setup halfway between factory and a typical track setup, it felt like a totally different car. Much more planted.

Anyone with similar results?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 756 Likes on 306 Posts

Simular problem with my C6.

So, I am all as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RossN
Curious if any Z06 owners have had their Z06 alignment spec's checked and or changed?

What where your results?

I had my C6 checked out and the spec's where no where near factory at 13k miles. When a local tuner shop did a setup halfway between factory and a typical track setup, it felt like a totally different car. Much more planted.

Anyone with similar results?
Mine came stock with 9 degrees caster, slight toe-in all around, 1 deg negative camber all around. I felt it understeered slightly so I increased the front negative camber to -1.25. That's the only change I made.

Andi
Old 11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Corvettes do not come from the factory with a good alignment. It is fine for tire wear but very poor for performance. Be careful not to add too much negative camber on the wide tires for street driving. The insides will wear out. If you complain within the first 7,500 miles GM will cover the alignment most of the time.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Var
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tire wear shouldnt be that much of an issue or else you got the wrong car IMO..please take no offense. I would get rid of Toe-in unless you are always doing 150+mph. Toe out gives better traction when turning.

Get notified of new replies

To Who has had their Z06's alignment done?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Who has had their Z06's alignment done?