Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
JetBlue427
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Top Flight Reproductions
Hi S.B.. order received, thank you. Will ship tomorrow USPS
thanks for the reply
Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 AM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Just finished installing my removable bracket along with the matching color frames. Very nice!

The only thing I would suggest is that you explain in your directions why to keep the bracket about 1/8 inch "forward". Though I read the instructions, I keep hearing about now tight a fit the bracket becomes, as if it fits seamlessly with the car (which it essentially does). But I guess I didn't factor in the 1/8 inch and it was a BEAR to get the bracket reinstalled on the posts after that. Mine is no longer a removable bracket (by default )

Nice product though!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by TOBASCO
Just finished installing my removable bracket along with the matching color frames. Very nice!

The only thing I would suggest is that you explain in your directions why to keep the bracket about 1/8 inch "forward". Though I read the instructions, I keep hearing about now tight a fit the bracket becomes, as if it fits seamlessly with the car (which it essentially does). But I guess I didn't factor in the 1/8 inch and it was a BEAR to get the bracket reinstalled on the posts after that. Mine is no longer a removable bracket (by default )

Nice product though!
Hi Brad, you could elongate (slot) the two holes on the license plate bracket, this would give you some adjustment front to back
Old 05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Pelan
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just recieved mine today! Only got one because cops made me. Best one out there. Great job!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Pelan
Just recieved mine today! Only got one because cops made me. Best one out there. Great job!
Thank you for posting Pelan
Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
jeremyjay46
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine installed the other day. Went on easily... plate comes off very easily for shows. As long as it stays stuck I couldn't be happier.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jeremyjay46
Got mine installed the other day. Went on easily... plate comes off very easily for shows. As long as it stays stuck I couldn't be happier.
Thank you for posting Jeremy
Old 06-12-2010, 09:15 AM
jeremyjay46
Racer

Oh and as an added note, I don't think this thing is going anywhere! That is strong stuff.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Oh and as an added note, I don't think this thing is going anywhere! That is strong stuff.
The adhesive is really good $hit
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by kelp
One of the best products I have received, which is many. Excellent documentation, and extras included are first class. Highly recommended. Would caution, it does raise my temp 10 degrees, oil and water. But it is great looking.
This is exactly what I was wondering when I saw the 'position' of the bracket over the grill area blocking part of air flow. I live in Texas where it's already real hot....now I wonder if this will cause any problems for my Z's temp.....knowing it already gets warm. I do NOT track the car. Just some spirited driving every once in while.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tim414
This is exactly what I was wondering when I saw the 'position' of the bracket over the grill area blocking part of air flow. I live in Texas where it's already real hot....now I wonder if this will cause any problems for my Z's temp.....knowing it already gets warm. I do NOT track the car. Just some spirited driving every once in while.
Well, we have a lot of folks down in Texas that have not seen any temp increase, the air does flow around the bracket
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
texmark
Heel & Toe

Default Front License Plate rubs

I use the Top Flite bracket on my Texas car. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that the bottom corner edges of the license plate rubbed-off 2 small areas of paint on the lower lip (below the grille opening). Probably my fault for not bending the lower edges of the plate forward away from the paint sooner! However, including a short piece of self-adhesive rubber strip material with the kit and a caution to check clearances after installation (bending the license plate lower corners outward) would have kept me from using my Atomic Orange touch-up paint!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
kirbyloid
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Stock!

The Top Flight Reproductions C6 front license plate bracket is the best looking mount available. It follows the contour of the front bumper. Installs easily without lifting the car. Requires no drilling for attachment like some others do. Our bracket is priced considerably lower than other after market solutions and is made in the USA

All three Top Flight Reproductions front license plate brackets are in stock and ready to ship. Visit our website at www.topflightrepro.com or call 781-279-1279 and ask for Ray.

C6 Z06/ZR1 Removable Front License Plate Mounting Bracket

Just ordered
Old 07-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by krl
Just ordered
Thank you for the order krl
Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Hi Folks, Ray and I have decided that it was time for Top Flight Reproductions www.topflightrepro.com to become a Forum Vendor. For those of you who live in states that require two plates and are interested in a front mount, Top Flight Reproductions has a permanent and removable mount for the C6 and a C6 Z06 removable mount as well . We also sell the GM colored license plate frames which really dress up the front mount. The Installation is very easy, requires no lifting of the car. We have had this product out for over 2 1/2 years now and the customer satisfaction has been fantastic. We appreciate all the nice comments from you forum members who have purchased these products along with inputs for making our product better, we thank you. For those of you who haven't heard of us, check out our website at www.topflightrepro.com or give us a call at 781-279-1279 and ask for Ray. We look forward to hearing from you.

In Stock!

The Top Flight Reproductions C6 front license plate bracket is the best looking mount available. It follows the contour of the front bumper, easy to install, and is priced considerably lower than other after market solutions.

All three Top Flight Reproductions front license plate brackets are in stock and ready to ship. Visit our website at www.topflightrepro.com or call 781-279-1279 and ask for Ray.

I need one of these for my 2010 Z06.....the stock mount came off (dealer installed it) after I mounted the license plate to it.....luckily it came off in my garage....I first thought it came off on the highway....anyway....I need one....i suppose I will try and order it today while I'm at work....gotta get ready for work and go, now...welcome to site....Tim N Texas
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tim414
I need one of these for my 2010 Z06.....the stock mount came off (dealer installed it) after I mounted the license plate to it.....luckily it came off in my garage....I first thought it came off on the highway....anyway....I need one....i suppose I will try and order it today while I'm at work....gotta get ready for work and go, now...welcome to site....Tim N Texas
Old 09-12-2010, 12:34 PM
bass mechanic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a pet peeve to bring to your attention, i bought your bracket almost a year ago and i took it off because it doesnt fit properly. the top plate that sticks to the underside of the bumper hole is too deep and hits the grille. it causes the plate to stick out in front of the bumper about 1/2 inch.
also I ended up getting just the bracket because i was under the impression the frame came with it! only to find out it was an extra 100 some bucks!
if you want my opinion the plastic and painted frame is worth more money i am sure due to manufacturing costs than a bent peice of metal with double sided tape! i would have been happy to buy the frame and make my own bracket.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Front License Plate Bracket

Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bass mechanic
i have a pet peeve to bring to your attention, i bought your bracket almost a year ago and i took it off because it doesnt fit properly. the top plate that sticks to the underside of the bumper hole is too deep and hits the grille. it causes the plate to stick out in front of the bumper about 1/2 inch.
also I ended up getting just the bracket because i was under the impression the frame came with it! only to find out it was an extra 100 some bucks!
if you want my opinion the plastic and painted frame is worth more money i am sure due to manufacturing costs than a bent peice of metal with double sided tape! i would have been happy to buy the frame and make my own bracket.
If the bracket stuck out 1/2 inch then you either ordered the wrong bracket or we (or one of our distributors) shipped you the wrong bracket. The top flange on the bracket for GS/Z06/ZR1 is 1/2 inch shorter the than the standard C6 bracket. You should have contacted us and we would have taken care of it, either with the correct bracket or a refund

Peter C.

Last edited by Top Flight Reproductions; 09-12-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

In Stock!

The Top Flight Reproductions C6 front license plate bracket is the best looking mount available. It follows the contour of the front bumper. Installs easily without lifting the car. Requires no drilling for attachment like some others do. Our bracket is priced considerably lower than other after market solutions and is made in the USA

C6 Z06/ZR1 Removable Front License Plate Mounting Bracket

Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 AM
dtclark
Advanced

I have a question - when mounting the license plate to the bracket, does the plate have to be bent first to fit the bracket or will the mounting screws draw the plate into place snug against the bracket?

Thanks!
d

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Front License Plate Bracket