Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Viper This!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
jimmy j
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper This!

All we hear is how great it is no T/m system. Bullet proff rear ends, drive trains. They had since 1993 to get it right.Thats 14yrs of practice.C6 Z06s have been on the road two years! So expect something to go south. A few cv joints, some top problems. G.M never built a car to go that fast before. Like other high dollar rides we are use to like lambos, Austin martins the list goes on. They do far more testing, thats why they get twice the price. americans want their cake and eat it to. Its a super car for the working mans price so lets enjoy!

Last edited by jimmy j; 09-29-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:24 PM
navyasw02
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimmy j
All we here is how great it is no T/m system. Bullet proff rear ends drive trains. They had since 1993 to get it right.Thats 14yrs of practice Z06s have been on the road two years! So expect something to go south. A few cv joints, some top problems. G.M never built a car to go that fast before. Like there high dollar rides we are use to. They do far more testing, thats why they get twice the price. americans want there cake and eat it to. Its a super car for the working mans price so lets enjoy!
What's the point of this post and what are you trying to say?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 968 Likes on 574 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Viper this? WTF are you talking about man?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Moogy
Advanced

Don't you guys know? This is the result of recent public schooling!

We're so screwed...
Old 09-28-2006, 07:47 PM
RADAR B8
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moogy

We're so screwed...
Old 09-28-2006, 07:49 PM
NWbluez06
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

We're so screwed...
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Oh let's be a bit forgiving here guys. I think the guy is sounding off a bit and defending the Z06 for some of the issues that have come up with the car over the last year or so.

Just his way of expressing himself, let's be nice now.

Time for a big group hug:

Old 09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
kelp
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And, how would you like your lithium?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:21 PM
yarbsea
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimmy j
All we here is how great it is no T/m system. Bullet proff rear ends drive trains. They had since 1993 to get it right.Thats 14yrs of practice Z06s have been on the road two years! So expect something to go south. A few cv joints, some top problems. G.M never built a car to go that fast before. Like there high dollar rides we are use to. They do far more testing, thats why they get twice the price. americans want there cake and eat it to. Its a super car for the working mans price so lets enjoy!
Hold up there fella! I SPEAK JIVE!!

After looking at some of the many mistakes, I believe I can translate.

This fine gentleman is graciously explaining the magnitude of his happiness with the construction and speed of the Z06. He thinks that even though GM cars may have a few mechanical malfunctions, that it is still a great car for the blue collar worker. Apparently in his "neck-of-the-woods" blue collar working men make outstanding sallaries.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
jimmy j
Racer

All I'm saying is Dodge had plenty of time to work out their problems with the viper. People on the forum cry becouse the C6Zs not perfect. What car is with only 16 months of production. G.M.s not perfect. You read people say they would never buy another G M product becouse of the problems.

Last edited by jimmy j; 09-29-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Your rebuttal sounds much better... GM does have the engineering know how, they just stinks when it comes to choosing their suppliers. The more races they get involved in, the more they are going to translate what they learn to the street cars. The Z06 have supercars numbers at under $80K
Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 PM
dpracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the V10 is a big vibrating paint mixer. a 360 w/ 2 cyls attached, how crude.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:04 PM
ranger1
Burning Brakes

Garry
Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 PM
the teacher
Instructor

We're so screwed...
I never tire of intelligent comments!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:22 PM
69 Yenko
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yarbsea
Hold up there fella! I SPEAK JIVE!!

After looking at some of the many mistakes, I believe I can translate.

This fine gentleman is graciously explaining the magnitude of his happiness with the construction and speed of the Z06. He thinks that even though GM cars may have a few mechanical malfunctions, that it is still a great car for the blue collar worker. Apparently in his "neck-of-the-woods" blue collar working men make outstanding sallaries.
First I agree with Jimmy j, this is a great car regardless of price or my roof issues.

Secondly, I live near Jimmy j (haven't met him yet) and can tell you many blue collar workers here in SW FL make enough money to afford these cars. I personally have a job which gives me access to incomes and can verify this as I see it all the time.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:34 PM
yarbsea
Instructor

Originally Posted by 69 Yenko
First I agree with Jimmy j, this is a great car regardless of price or my roof issues.

Secondly, I live near Jimmy j (haven't met him yet) and can tell you many blue collar workers here in SW FL make enough money to afford these cars. I personally have a job which gives me access to incomes and can verify this as I see it all the time.
I guess it's just how you define "working man"....most people consider a construction worker or roofer a working man. I think you may have professionals and workers confused. The foreman is a professional, his employees are working men....lol

Anyway..i think anyone who can aford a Z is probably leaving the working man's world and entering the well-to-do arena. but it's just a thought..
Old 09-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Albino
Instructor

Originally Posted by yarbsea
Anyway..i think anyone who can aford a Z is probably leaving the working man's world and entering the well-to-do arena. but it's just a thought..
I'm a working man. Union HVAC pipefitter. "Blue collar" as they get. Not "well-to do", but comfortable. The reason I have a Z06 is because I have been smart enough not to marry some of the crazy broads I have dated, therefore I have never been divorced.

No divorce, no allamony, no kids, no child support= Z06 for this working man.

Get notified of new replies

To Viper This!

Old 09-29-2006, 01:02 AM
427 C6Z
Racer

Default Now there is some real intelligence!

I'm happily married, although it did take a second walk to get there, but I have to say that I find your email to be very profound . Truth is , being a bit of a blue collar guy myself, I would agree that the car is at least in "range for a BC kind of guy. Most skilled trades in CA make near six figures with OT and all.

My BC-Z06 will be TPW within 4-6 weeks; GM willing or course.

As to JJ's comments and IMHO, GM has come a long, long way. Read up about their Hydro Technology and the teamed efforts with Honda. The '70s and '80s are long gone; thank God.

FWIW, my wife has a CLK 55 AMG Cab, we have a 2002 Honda Odyssey, and a QX4 Inf, all of these cars and I mean all of them, have and have had their own issues. And I'll tell you, when the MB has issues, $$$ .

Since you got me started, I'll close by stating that I'm really tired of hearing so many whiners when it comes to GM. No doubt they have their issues, but I caution anyone who lives in a glass house. Bottom line, there is always a cost and there is always the human element.

427 C6Z out...
Old 09-29-2006, 02:57 AM
jogar80
Melting Slicks

Mmmm....Yea the Viper SUCKS!! hehehe

No but honestly it does. My friend, who now has a Z06, beat a new viper snob 3 times with the C6 he had before...bone stock and automatic to top it off. Went home with his tail beteween his legs.

Yea I know, Viper IS actually faster than a C6.......but it still sucks! hehe
Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 AM
jimmy j
Racer

I'm sorry for ofending some forum members with my bad grammer! But In school sports were always more important. I pay the price today or yesterday as some forum members let me know. But as our lives end, We will all stand before HIM and give an account. For those members who curse or be little others for their fun or joy I feel you wont be standing long! I,ll be glad to be standing before HIM with my bad grammer.

Last edited by jimmy j; 09-29-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Viper This!