Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Corvette C6 Z06 vs Ferrari F430 At Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 05:45 PM
greendot
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Benavitz
The first clean lap done by the F430 driver was a 2:34. Having done hundreds of laps at Sebring in a 99' FRC with street tires (not R compound) and no mods other than a stock z06 suspension improvements and turned a best lap of 2:32.4 I would say that the Ferrari driver has not even come close to the potential of this car. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing a stock C6 ZO6 driven competently could turn a 2:20 or so.
Glad you timed it so I didn't have to

I think the F driver was cruising, just showing his passenger a thrill without the guys gold chains choking him (the passenger). He was NOT braking late, in fact he was braking pretty early.
I can tell you that a stock Z on Hooisers can lap at better than 2:24 cause a guy with few laps did that at the NCCC Convention High Speed and knows he left time on the table because he wasn't that familiar with the track. Your 2:20 might be right.

http://www.corvettesnccc.org/conv06_highspeed.pdf

Quick Reply: [Z06] Corvette C6 Z06 vs Ferrari F430 At Sebring