Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Switch from a Porsche to a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:54 PM
vizkiz
Threadkiller
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by JSMDMD
Yeah.... that reminds me of the time my pulley bolt blew on my C6 and took my engine with it on the track a few years ago......
You should have seen the oil all over the road....
Track driving is different than street driving.
One of our customers was driving his 05 C2S in traffic one afternoon and his intermediate shaft broke.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:24 PM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

Originally Posted by vizkiz
One of our customers was driving his 05 C2S in traffic one afternoon and his intermediate shaft broke.
Same happened to a friends 05 C2. They replaced motor and trans and they actually screwed it up and had to do the tranny a second time. No one is perfect.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
vizkiz
Threadkiller
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by 05C6spdvert
Same happened to a friends 05 C2. They replaced motor and trans and they actually screwed it up and had to do the tranny a second time. No one is perfect.
I wonder why they had to do the transmission too.

BTW, the 6-speeds are Japanese, made by Aisin.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:47 AM
JSMDMD
Melting Slicks

Default Ok..

Originally Posted by GN1270
You are also pointing out others problems on the bulletin board as if it were fact that the Porsche is more reliable. It would be fine if you just pointed out YOUR experience. You are like the evening news reporting about needles in candy at Halloween and how your kid is in danger.

OK. How about this.

In MY experience, MY 997 C2S has been more reliable than MY C6.

That work for ya????
Old 02-14-2007, 01:01 AM
JSMDMD
Melting Slicks

Default And...

Originally Posted by vizkiz
As you list your occupation as a Warranty Administrator at Porsche of Huntington, what was Porsche's response?
How was the customer treated, and what did Porsche do to rectify the problem?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:31 PM
vizkiz
Threadkiller
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by JSMDMD
As you list your occupation as a Warranty Administrator at Porsche of Huntington, what was Porsche's response?
How was the customer treated, and what did Porsche do to rectify the problem?
He got a new engine, covered completely under warranty. I don't remember whether he needed a rental or not, but a loaner car would be covered for the duration of his time out of his vehicle.

If the dealer can prove or has a concern about track use, Porsche can and will try to find out whether the car has been used in a timed/competitive (more than one person on a course/track at once) event. If so, consider your drivetrain warranty void. The easiest solution is known widely to people of all makes and models. Simply cover or take off your plates, and stick a piece of paper over the VIN on your dash.

We had a Carrera GT in that got stuck in two gears at 160mph on a track. Luckily, the driver noticed something wasn't right and didn't let the clutch out. Porsche paid for the remanufactured tranny, but made the customer pay for the labor.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hartley
They are giving a refund?
That is a complicated story, but i have my money and they have their car

Originally Posted by trapp
I agree with what you said other then the cargo space is advantage Z06. Yes, you get more for more 75K vs 133K. But when you compare 997 or 997s the Price is comparable and the performance gap is very wide compared to a Z06. That is what flipped me from a 997s to a Z06. If I had a 997tt would I switch to a Z06...I would think alittle longer on that one. But a 997s or 997 I had no trouble pulling the trigger.

trapp
FWIW, It was not an easy choice like i though it would be. I though I would either love the 997 Turbo and not want the Z06 or would love the Z06 and not the 997 Turbo. It was close. I finally decided the Porsche is what I want later (looking to the 998T) and the Z06 gave me the seat of the pants feeling I like (for now).

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
According to my wife, mine has not broken.
lol, what do i say to that

Quick Reply: [Z06] Switch from a Porsche to a Z06