Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Funny thread to read at Elisetalk about the C6/Z06.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Funny thread to read at Elisetalk about the C6/Z06.

Got some of our own there too. AgentONE is hilarious in a retarded kind of way.
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37872
Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...8&postcount=15

This post is particularly ironic - for a 'guy' with an avatar like that, I'm not sure why he's so worried about style.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:21 AM
hailskins666
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny how all of these other car owners that KNOW they would get their *** handed to them, have to find another way to poke fun.

"who cares about straight line acceleration, have you seen the plastic interior?"

WTF ever. excuses are like a-holes.....
Old 06-09-2007, 08:28 AM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit
Got some of our own there too. AgentONE is hilarious in a retarded kind of way.
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37872
Wow there are some haters over there. The haters on the Viper boards are worse.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 AM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hailskins666
funny how all of these other car owners that KNOW they would get their *** handed to them, have to find another way to poke fun.

"who cares about straight line acceleration, have you seen the plastic interior?"

WTF ever. excuses are like a-holes.....

The whole irony to that thread is a Lotus owner discussing interior and build quality

I know looks are subjective but IMO that thing looks like an insect.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:33 AM
American Power
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car is a toy. Leave that for the Liberals!

The Vette is a mans car!

See how so many say, " the vette is a great car, but I couldn't see myself in one".. Oh really. Why??

Of course they have to say the vette is a great car, it's undeniable.

Gas too expensive! Your worried about the environment. I know these types. If they started buying vettes I would have to sell.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

elise is nice handling fun day car...that has no power...terrible daily use vehicle...awful interior..terrible ingress/egress...reminds me of a hot wheels i had as a kid....

here's the thing, elise...miata...s2000....good handling fun cars that absolutely have no acceleration....every time i drive one of these i have the same reaction....i put my foot down to the floor and they just dont go!!

while the vette is by no means a perfect car ..it DOES go really fast when pushing on the throttle..some people like handling , some like power....i like both thats why i have 2 z"s!!

p.s. the next time you see an elise owner, ask if the battery has come loose and cracked their body work! i have seen several do it...
Old 06-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Blk03Z06
Racer

As a previous 2005 Elise owner, let me chime in here.

Yes - Getting in and out of that car is horrible.
Yes - The "interior" sucks but it is meant to
Yes - There is absolutely no acceleration but that is not what the car was intended for
Yes - The build quality is pure British in a quirky way
Yes - The styling is take it or leave it
Yes - The dealer network is spotty at best
Yes - Lotus Group ownership is up for grabs
Yes - Shifter breaks off in hand when shifting hard - Really!

Lets see, I have owned every Z06 model since 2002 and a 2005 C6

Yes - fuel sending unit sucks (2002, 2003 and 2005)
Yes - Shifter rattle (every year)
Yes - clutch pack problems (2006 and 2007)
Yes - interior sucks, especially the seats, better in 2006 and 2007
Yes - Dealer service spotty
Yes - Does accelerate when pedal is pushed
Yes - Will go where you point but not as well as Elise
Yes - Styling for Z06 is not different enough from C6 - Does not bother me
Yes - Overall build quality has a lot to be desired.

Lotus is a company built on racing technology first, building cars for the public second. I do not believe that they have ever made any money at this endevour. Lotus does know their stuff well enough to attract GM's attention (ZR1 and possible current ownership).

I sold my Elise because there was no dealer nearby and daily use gremlins kept appearing. It was a really fun car to own but the Z06 fits my daily use better.

Marc
Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

I agree that the haters at Viperclub.org are way worse, but these guys are pretty close. I just get tired at reading about the stereotypical Vette drivers (same as when I had my Camaro): gold chain, mullet, chest hair sticking out, polyester clothes,....Maybe in the 70s and 80s? But I haven't seen that where I've been. Old people driving Vettes? Sure, seen many. That doesn't prove a thing, except that they all love the American Icon when they were growing up, AND it's the best value there is. Foosh keeps telling them don't confuse the Z06 with the regular C6, that seems to help. I appreciate smaller and sporty cars, also have a 06 MX-5 (formerly known as Miata), that's why I read the Elise, S2000, and Miata boards. The S2000 and Miata boards have a LOT of respect for the Z06. All in all, they're all fun reading to kill some time while at work and nothing new being posted at the Z06 section.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Hatdude
Burning Brakes

I agree.. seem to be some haters over there. Personally, I'd love an Elise in my garage. It'd make a great "around town" economy car. No replacement for a serious performance car though. As mentioned, they have handling right but the Vette is the whole package. The Elise is kind of like an F-16 with a Cessna engine.

When I get dressed in the morning I put on a shirt, socks, shoes, and sometimes even pants. I'd never go to work without my pants! I like the whole package.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Blk03Z06
Racer

Don't want to start the "stock vs modded" debate but there is some interesting things being done to Elises and Exiges in the forced induction area. Started off slow due to some bad tuners but the guys at moremonkey.com appear to have it figured out. Check out the vid for Ronin's car - pretty impressive for canyon driving types.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:48 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk03Z06
Don't want to start the "stock vs modded" debate but there is some interesting things being done to Elises and Exiges in the forced induction area. Started off slow due to some bad tuners but the guys at moremonkey.com appear to have it figured out. Check out the vid for Ronin's car - pretty impressive for canyon driving types.
if you want to talk modded cars....a properly modded [power train] and setup [ suspension] c6z would be more fun than a whole barrel full of modded elises, miatas [mx-5] , s2000 or what ever....but lets not talk modded....just what you can buy from the factory
Old 06-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Webfoot
Drifting

I've threaded myself in and out of an Elise a few times....not fun!! Sure they handle great, so do go carts, but you wouldn't want a go cart as a DD. The styling? Fugly comes to mind. My stepson had one in a horrid purple color and only put about 500 miles on it before trading up to a Gallardo Spyder, which he has now sold and got a new triple black C6 'vert that LPE is is turning into a 427. He'd have gottten a Z06 but has to have a drop-top.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:34 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree that the haters at Viperclub.org are way worse, but these guys are pretty close. I just get tired at reading about the stereotypical Vette drivers (same as when I had my Camaro): gold chain, mullet, chest hair sticking out, polyester clothes,....Maybe in the 70s and 80s? But I haven't seen that where I've been. Old people driving Vettes? Sure, seen many. That doesn't prove a thing, except that they all love the American Icon when they were growing up, AND it's the best value there is. Foosh keeps telling them don't confuse the Z06 with the regular C6, that seems to help. I appreciate smaller and sporty cars, also have a 06 MX-5 (formerly known as Miata), that's why I read the Elise, S2000, and Miata boards. The S2000 and Miata boards have a LOT of respect for the Z06. All in all, they're all fun reading to kill some time while at work and nothing new being posted at the Z06 section.

To be honest thats what I find appealing about the people that own these cars. I am 39 years old and quite fashionable if I must say so myself and I have to drop out of many threads over at places like 6speedonline, m3forum, etc. because I can't stand the juvenile terminology like "rEdiculous" "baller" "hawt" "g money" and various other butcherings of the English language they use over there. Sometimes I think I am discussing autos with 15 year olds. Not my style.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Webfoot
My stepson had one in a horrid purple color and only put about 500 miles on it before trading up to a Gallardo Spyder, which he has now sold and got a new triple black C6 'vert that LPE is is turning into a 427. He'd have gottten a Z06 but has to have a drop-top.
do you need another stepson?!?!?
Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Webfoot
Drifting

Originally Posted by Grumpy
do you need another stepson?!?!?
Thanks, but I have another one. By the way, it's his money, not mine!!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Webfoot
Thanks, but I have another one. By the way, it's his money, not mine!!
1. clean out your PM box
2. Does he need a son?? I'm house broke

Get notified of new replies

To Funny thread to read at Elisetalk about the C6/Z06.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Yeah, I spent a lot of time over there defending "our honor" in that thread and a couple of others. But, I do have an Elise as well, which I find to be a phenomenal car for the handling qualities alone. The Lotus is an absolute blast to drive.

The Lotus Elise/Exige has tremendous flaws (under-powered, rattles, blah build-quality, service hassles, ridiculously expensive to repair, etc)........way more than the worst CF whiner could every find in a C6. However, NOTHING handles as well as an Elise, and I mean NOTHING. The chassis is a work of art. Moreover, an Elise did win the 2006 SCCA Solo National Championship last in the Super Stock Class (a class that includes the Z06).

Many Elise owners are eclectic and a bit different, but we have our own "pieces of work" here.......they're just different "pieces of work" .
Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 PM
VINZVET
Instructor

I did not realize that matchbox made full size cars??.. Elise... ugh... l could only read three pages of that nonsense. Oh, i am glad i didn`t take the bait !! WHATEVER!!!

V..
Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Originally Posted by VINZVET
I did not realize that matchbox made full size cars??.. Elise... ugh... l could only read three pages of that nonsense. Oh, i am glad i didn`t take the bait !! WHATEVER!!!
V..
But you see, your post makes you sound like "them." Have you ever actually driven an Elise/Exige on a track or autocross course? If you have and are informed, pleased report back. Most of "them" had never driven a C6 or a Z06, so they were equally uninformed.

There is no question that the Elise/Exige is impractical as hell and sucks as a daily-driver, but it is a phenomenal car from a handling-qualities standpoint.

BTW, I just received my Spring Mountain newsletter, and Lotus has just signed them as a factory-sponsored Lotus school, as Corvette has sponsored them for years. It's interesting in the sense that they are both cars in completely different classes, but they are both interesting and worthy in their own different ways.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Funny thread to read at Elisetalk about the C6/Z06.