Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] VentureShield 'Clear Bra' Install Complete - Thoughts/Pics - Long - No 56K

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:55 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by 07BLKz06
Looks Awesome!

Not sure if you read about this but 3M purchased VentureShield and has made VS the more expensive choice. I guess if 3M could not beat them, the next best thing is to purchase them.
I hadn't heard that until recently.. Another CF member made me aware of it.

You're right on, if you can't beat them, buy them

Maybe there will be a hybrid product with a great warranty against fading and that is transferable
Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Eleanor
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi this is Tom from BRAVO AUTO BRA and I just wanted to thank HIRISC for putting up the pics of the install.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask either on here or you can call me at 612-227-0474.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job on the install Tom. I think its a name thing because I install as well.

Thom
Old 05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Eleanor
4th Gear

Thanks for the compliment Thom.

I take a lot of pride in what I do and the Corvettes. The Corvette owners have been very gracious with giving me the proper place to do the installs. They have a true appreciation for quality work.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:36 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Eleanor
Hi this is Tom from BRAVO AUTO BRA and I just wanted to thank HIRISC for putting up the pics of the install.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask either on here or you can call me at 612-227-0474.

Thanks
Hey Tom Glad to hear you're still doing great work for all the Minneapolis Vette guys.

I've run into more of your happy customers at the local Cars & Coffee - next one is June 7th at the Caribou/Einstein Bagels @ Highway 62 and Shady Oak - 9am

Chris
Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Eleanor
4th Gear

Hey Chris,

What happening?? I can't thank you enough, I have had a ton of referrals since your posting. I bet I have done 30-40 since then.

How's your car hanging in there? I have read some postings and I
have seen a bunch of mixed reviews about warranties, which film to use, and skill of installers. I am willing to bet your car looks as good as the day I did it.

You see here's the funny part, 3M bought Ventureshield in October of 2007, so in essence 3M and Ventureshield are the top two film producers in the world. 3M claims to have a 5 year warranty, Ventureshield is a lifetime. My question is this... a lifetime warranty on what? You? The car? The Film? Or the biggest one, the installer? The way I see it, I am just going to do the absolute best job possible and take my time. If you need it replaced I am not going to ask you for a warranty card, I am just going to replace the film, no questions asked. I have been installng Ventureshield for over 3 years and I have never had a warranty claim. It's the way business should be done, I am not here for the quick dollar, I plan on staying around.

I have heard about Cars n Coffee and I will be there on June 7th. They have a lot of videos on You Tube. It looks like a total blast. Who have you run into up there that might know me?

I just got my car off the dyno and it put down 482 RWHP 485 RWT, not bad for a 4.6 liter.

Since so many Corvette people have shown their appreciation for film, I have been thinking about getting one. I would just need a bigger garage.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:44 AM
dgdoc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Tom - Do you still recommend not doing this on Black cars?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:29 AM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW...

Forget the install, nice pictures!!

Thats a job very well done too. Very clean. Please let us know how it goes over the long run as well.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Eleanor
4th Gear

Originally Posted by dgdoc
Tom - Do you still recommend not doing this on Black cars?

No, I don't mind doing black cars. I just want to make sure to talk with the owner of the car before hand to make sure we have the same expectations. I want to make sure you come out 100% happy.

Feel free to give me a call anytime and we can discuss it.

Tom
Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 PM
LT2UnderGlass
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HIRISC
Back-story:
My new 07' MS Z was delivered on June 24th. Prior to delivery, I had planned to get a full clear bra kit installed to protect my 'investment' from rock chips, etc.

A few days before my Z arrived, I went to a local Vette show. At that show, I saw a couple of Z06's which had clear bras installed. I was not thrilled with what I saw - too many and sloppy seams. I left the show thinking that I'd rather put up with an occasional rock chip than look at that mess everyday.

Fast forward 1500 miles and my rocker panels were getting chipped up much, much faster than I thought they would. In addition, I was getting a few rock chips next to the 'extended' rear brake air intake vents and one on my front bumper.

ENOUGH was enough. I caved in.

VentureShield or 3M?
I decided on VentureShield vs 3M based on the following:
  • Warranty: VS having a lifetime warranty (3M - 5yr)
  • Clarity: VS guaranteed to have the clearest 'clear-bra' material on the market.
  • Yellowing: VS guaranteed not to yellow for the life of the film.
  • Orange Peel: I had also read on several online posts which indicated that VS had much less orange peel.
  • Fit/Patterns: I was very impressed with the VentureShield website and what I perceived were the most accurate and complete patterns for the Z06.
Installer
NOTE: As many have written here, finding a quality installer is absolutely critical. The install is NOT a slam-dunk.

I had read a good review online of Bravo Vehicle Bra out of Mound, MN and called them (612-227-0474) to setup an install. I spoke with Tom Prezioso - owner. He was very friendly, informative and assured me that I would be happy with the end-result. Tom indicated that Bravo installed only VentureShield after a rough-start with the 3M stuff.

Tom came out to my home this past Saturday to install the following VentureShield pieces:

Bumper - Upper and lower
Headlights
Mirrors
Upper Front Fender
Lower Front Fender - Z06 emblem down
1/2 Hood
Rockers
Lower Door Section - 4"
Rear Brake Air Intake-Down

Total w/install: $1100

Tom installed the hood piece and was working on the top (main) bumper piece when you ran into a blemish on the underside of the material that he couldn't get out. Rather that install it (and me having to live with it), he pulled the entire piece off! He wasn't happy with it and didn't want to have any piece on the car that looked less than perfect. I was very impressed with his committment to quality.

Tom finished the rockers, door pieces and rear intake areas on Saturday. We arranged for him to come back this afternoon to re-do the bumper and install the upper front/lower front fender pieces.

On both days, he took great care to ensure that the surface was perfectly clean, the material was blemish-free, and that his placement of the pre-cut material was perfect.

IMO, this is NOT a home-install type product. I watched Tom on both days and installing this product on the car without a mass of bubbles, dirt or mis-alignment is an art.

End-Result
Before the install, I was very apprehensive about putting a clear bra of any type on my Z. After the install, I couldn't be happier.

The material is very clear. There is very little orange peel - no more in fact than the paint. Once the VS is polished with Plexus, it is as smooth and slippery as waxed paint.

Yes, there are some very faint lines where the material 'ends' that you can see if you know where they are. However, in the sunlight and/or if you don't know there is a clear bra installed, you simply cannot see any evidence of this protection on the car.

VentureShield and Bravo (Tom) get two

The pics speak for themselves:

Don't try this at home

Can you see the faint line about 1/2 way up the hood and on the fender?

Hey HIRISC, nice job on the VS. I'm thinking about going with VS for my install. Now that you've had some time with the prodoct on...what are your thoughts about doing the clear bra, the install, and in particular using VS? Oh by the way, you mentioned your installer doesn't do dark colored cars due to the imperfections that show...I ordered an 09 Cyber Grey...what's your opinion on that color for clear bra apps?
Thanks.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by 09 Cyber Grey Z
Hey HIRISC, nice job on the VS. I'm thinking about going with VS for my install. Now that you've had some time with the prodoct on...what are your thoughts about doing the clear bra, the install, and in particular using VS? Oh by the way, you mentioned your installer doesn't do dark colored cars due to the imperfections that show...I ordered an 09 Cyber Grey...what's your opinion on that color for clear bra apps?
Thanks.
Oops, never circled back on this thread.

My thoughts on the installer, Tom remain (he's the king) and are enhanced by his posts on this thread. Any installer who will replace the film - regardless of reason or age or warranty period - is obviously the guy you want to go with. Tom obviously loves what he does and wants his company to carry the reputation of his personal pride in workmanship.

Re the film, it's held up very well thus far.. I have silver - probably the best color for clear film. I haven't detected any color change/yellowing and it's done an amazing job protecting the front/rockers/rear ducts of my Z.

Re Cyber, I'd clear bra that.. Trust Tom to tell you if it's not recommended.

To summarize, I wouldn't buy another car without having Tom/Bravo install VS on it.

Sorry again for being a few months behind answering this

Quick Reply: [Z06] VentureShield 'Clear Bra' Install Complete - Thoughts/Pics - Long - No 56K