Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Question regarding the BB Fusion Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
TTU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding the BB Fusion Exhaust

Does anyone out there have any experience or knowledge about the BB Fusion exhaust system for the C6 Z06? I heard the audio clip on the BB website, but the sound quality is not all that great.

Is there any drone/resonance with the valve closed? Does the exhaust note mimick the sound of the BB bullet when the valves are fully open? How does it compare to the Z06 corsa exhaust?

Any insight or help is very much appreciated.

gg
Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Bill's ZO6
Racer

Your answer may vary by who responds to your questions. I have had mine for a few months now. I like the sound the BB Fusions make. I have no drone with the valves closed. It is a little louder than stock with the valves closed. Some have said they can't use their built in phones with the valves closed and the windows open. I have not had that problem. I like them with the valves open. The car sounds like a high performance sports car. When you decellerate the mufflers make a nice popping sound. When you accellerate it turns heads. When you drive to the coffee shop with the valves open it has a nice rumble.

I am very satisfied with mine. Prior to purchasing the fusions I had LG Longtube headers with high flow cats and an exhaust switch added. The mufflers enhanced the sound to where I wanted it to be.

They look cool also. Some have reported rust as an issue. I have not had any rust period. I keep mine polished.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
TTU
Pro

Thanks for you reply Bill's Z06. Do you know of any audio clips out there?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I have some video/sound clips www.nakidparts.com under the mild2wild section. you need to have a good sound system on your pc with some bass or you can't really tell the true sound.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
TTU
Pro

Thanks for the link to your website. Does the Z06 on your video clip have an aftermarket cam? It sound like it does. Also, and no offense intended, the music in the background sort of take away from listening to the exhaust. It is almost distracting. Good example of the exhaust though.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by TTU
Thanks for the link to your website. Does the Z06 on your video clip have an aftermarket cam? It sound like it does. Also, and no offense intended, the music in the background sort of take away from listening to the exhaust. It is almost distracting. Good example of the exhaust though.

Yes, that is vettejoels car and I had no control over the music
Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Bill's ZO6
Racer

TTU
One person from Maine complained that his fusions rusted. I am sure they must use some sort of salt product on their streets in the winter. With the small amount of ice that Dallas gets, I keep my car indoors. Do you have much icy weather in Lubbock? If so, do you plan to keep your car indoors? If you do, then you shouldn't have any rust problems. I am sure the car will sound good out on the high plains!!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
MA ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Go to this thread to see what I had to say.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1756003

I would be happy to email pictures to someone of how the exhaust looked after a few hundred miles and driving them in the rain one.

I never drove it in the snow as I only got the Fusion system in May of this year.

PM me and I will send you the pictures to post.

John

Get notified of new replies

To Question regarding the BB Fusion Exhaust

Quick Reply: [Z06] Question regarding the BB Fusion Exhaust