Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] OFF Road x pipe vs catted x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Street gear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default OFF Road x pipe vs catted x pipe

I got a 2007 Z06 with an HPE stage 3 kit (Cam and headers). I went with the off road x pipe because it was lighter and offer about 10 more rwhp. The problem I have is every time I use the car I end up smelling like gas. I want to know is there anyone out there that can tell me how happy you are with a high overlap cam and a catted x pipe. Does it totally eliminate the strong gas smell especially when a using an aggressive cam? Are you happy with it? I am trying to decide if I should order a catted x pipe.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 AM
zo6 liberty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it that big of a differince in whp between the off road and catted headers ?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a Katech Torquer cam with Kooks headers, X-Pipe and racing cats. There is a slight smell at start up and then that is it.

I think the only way you could tell 10 HP would be at the very end of a long straight at high speed. just my 2 cents.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
ALTECH
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Street gear
I got a 2007 Z06 with an HPE stage 3 kit (Cam and headers). I went with the off road x pipe because it was lighter and offer about 10 more rwhp. The problem I have is every time I use the car I end up smelling like gas. I want to know is there anyone out there that can tell me how happy you are with a high overlap cam and a catted x pipe. Does it totally eliminate the strong gas smell especially when a using an aggressive cam? Are you happy with it? I am trying to decide if I should order a catted x pipe.
I have the same cam from HPE with cats, F1 air filter and I have 550whp and only smells a bit. I was actually thinking about trying no-cats to gain more power; you make me think...

What power do you have? Mods?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Street gear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLALO
I have the same cam from HPE with cats, F1 air filter and I have 550whp and only smells a bit. I was actually thinking about trying no-cats to gain more power; you make me think...

What power do you have? Mods?
Unfortunately I never got it dyno by Chuck so it will be hard to compare. On a mustang dyno which reads up to 10% lower I got 525 rwhp. My mods are cam, kook headers with off road x pipes, 160 Stat, ported tb and tune...

Chuck who dyno both told me 10 rwhp difference...

Last edited by Street gear; 08-07-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To OFF Road x pipe vs catted x pipe

Quick Reply: [Z06] OFF Road x pipe vs catted x pipe