Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] [VIPER MEGA MERGER} C6 Z06 Ties 2008 Viper in MotorTrend....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM
xkilo16x
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
And Vice versa, how many Vipers have you driven Cape Cod BoB?, I can bet you never even sat in one ,(tell me I'm wrong) how much real world racing do you do?, cause I can tell you one thing, the "real world racing guys on this board dont have to google times, they post their own. Each car has its strong points and weaks points, The Viper is suprerior in some ways, and the Corvette is superior in some ways PERIOD. Until you experience both cars, all your data really doesnt prove anything, but the point that for every 200 corvettes you see on the road, you see one Viper, and before you call me a Viper Boy, check my signature and how many years Ive been on this board. I call Myself the CORVIPER Man. Some of you guys have become worse than the people on the Viper boards, I supspect that is from the decade of beatings the Viper has given the Vette, I took those beating also, but have no ill towards such a great looking fantastic performing car, that is why I bought one.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:58 AM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xkilo16x
Throwing out the driver variable, stock for stock, an 08 Viper will clearly beat the Z by several car lengths from a roll. Simple mods on an 08, such as headers, catback, and a K&N filter, will easily put it around 570rwhp to 590 rwhp. They are coming out with a MOPAR tune for the cars, supposedly, with that, they can touch base on 610-620rwhp. So basically bolt ons, and this car can make 600+rwhp. Zs have trouble braking 500+rwhp with bolt ons.

...... But if my plan was to just do bolt ons to either car, then I'd buy an 08 Viper. Not the case though, Z's, IMO, can make more power, more conveniently, and probably more economically.

The 08 Viper is, undoubtedly, a sexy car in SSG w/ coilvoers and SSR wheels though.
CLEARLY. I have no idea why this is still an argument...

All I know is that 2nd gen vipers look the best
Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by McMung
CLEARLY. I have no idea why this is still an argument...

All I know is that 2nd gen vipers look the best

I did not bother to read through all of the pages on this thread but I do have to agree with you on the Gen II Viper being the best.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:08 PM
LT2UnderGlass
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't the new ACR set a record at the Ring? YIKES!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:19 PM
SpeedshifterZ06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares, go by the damn thing! Get blue, red, black or what ever. Just don't get brown or people will think the UPS truck is coming down the road.

Quick Reply: [Z06] [VIPER MEGA MERGER} C6 Z06 Ties 2008 Viper in MotorTrend....