Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Did I get a good deal on this 2008 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by dwilcox
I have 100% Rating and someone compromised my account and listed an item for sale using my well - "everything" I only found out due to the questions I got regarding the item. Just be careful - that's all.
I had the exact same thing happen to me back in July, except I didn't find out about it until eBay was billing me for the sellers fees in Aug.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 AM
bluesdoctor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hold your breath, cross your fingers, buying any used car, sight unseen, without paying a mechanic to check it out, is a gamble.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Luweegy
That is not a 3lz car,look at door panels. I'd be carefull.
caveat emptor. A "3LZ" for 67,877 sounds too good to be true.

Lots wrong in the description of that car.

2LZ / 3LZ PACKAGE INCLUDED!

LOADED NAVIGATION, 6 DISK CD
, BOSE SYSTEM, HEADS UP DISPLAY + MORE

ONLY 911 ORIGINAL MILES!

THIS IS A NEW FRESH FROM THE FACTORY PRIVATELY OWNED 2008 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06. IT HAS THE EXTREMELY POWERFUL V8 7.0L, SFL 505HP ENGINE WITH MANUAL 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION.

IT IS FROM A PRIVATE COLLECTION AND IN SHOWROOM NEW CONDITION.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN WRECKED OR DAMAGED AND IN LIKE NEW CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT. ALWAYS GARAGE KEPT AND BABIED IN ITS SHORT LIFE.

IT COMES WITH THE 2LZ PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PACKAGE & UPGRADES WHICH INCLUDES FACTORY INSTALLED NAVIGATION SYSTEM, 6 DISK IN-DASH CD PLAYER, BOSE PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM, HEATED SEATS AND MORE.

THE EXTERIOR PAINT IS FACTORY CHEVROLET MACHINE SILVER METALLIC IN SHOWROOM CONDITION AND LIKE NEW. NO DAMAGE AND IT LOOKS AWESOME TO SAY THE LEAST.

IT HAS FACTORY 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION THAT RUNS FLAWLESSLY.

IT INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL MANUALS, PAPER WORK, BUILD SHEET AND MORE.

IT HAS THE FACTORY STITCHING ON THE DASH WITH CARBON FIBER INLAY ON DASH AS WELL. 3LZ PACKAGE

IT HAS A BANK PAYOFF WITH GMAC
. IT WILL REQUIRE APPROX 14 DAYS FOR TITLE AVAILABLE ONCE BALANCE IS PAID IN FULL.

Miles:
Body Type:
Coupe

Transmission:
Manual

Engine:
Interior:
Black

Warranty:
Existing
Year:

Title:
Clear

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 09-28-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Manny350Z
Instructor

Yes you did ...i I hope i can get the same price for one in March
Old 09-28-2007, 02:40 PM
steveorz
Racer

YET ANOTHER example of someone posting a thread that HAS ABSOLUTELY no idea of what they are talking about.....first it is a 2LZ, 3LZ.....(no such car)........then it is a 2LZ with Nav upgrades (another no such kinda car)....and...then we find out there is a lien on the car.....and so on.....and so on....and so on........

Must be nice to bid on an expensive car and NOT have the foggiest idea of what you just purchased.......do your homework....then come back.........or just plan on blowing your money away...which is exactly what you are doing without knowing the facts.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by steveorz
YET ANOTHER example of someone posting a thread that HAS ABSOLUTELY no idea of what they are talking about.....first it is a 2LZ, 3LZ.....(no such car)........then it is a 2LZ with Nav upgrades (another no such kinda car)....and...then we find out there is a lien on the car.....and so on.....and so on....and so on........

Must be nice to bid on an expensive car and NOT have the foggiest idea of what you just purchased.......do your homework....then come back.........or just plan on blowing your money away...which is exactly what you are doing without knowing the facts.
Problem is, too many here seem to believe that these cars can be had for next to nothing.

Its just a matter of time before someone gets burned, and burned badly, attempting to purchase one of these cars from off eBay for next to nothing or a price which seems too good to be true.

If you want one of these cars, find a good one, look it over, buy it from a REPUTABLE source, (and no I don't consider eBay to be a reputable source for purchasing a high dollar sports car) and pony up the necessary funds.

Now the car in question here, might be a fine automobile. But there are too many discrepancies in that description for me to even consider it were it my 67.8K. But thats just my opinion. The original poster may wish to proceed headlong into this transaction.

But this one rates about a 9.9 on the meter. An '08 fully loaded 3LZ for 67.8K??? Yeah, right. Something wrong with that deal. A 3LZ has a MSRP of $77,545.00 without the NAV.

The NAV and wheels take the MSRP up to $79,690.00 for a 3LZ. And he's taking 11K off it??? Yeah, OK.

Originally Posted by Coolvet
I bought this on ebay yesterday. A silver 2008 Z06 with 2LZ, 3LZ, Nav and polished wheels. These are over $78k new.

The price was just too attractive to refuse. What do you guys think?
Its either or. but not both 2LZ, 3LZ.

Last edited by 1%r; 01-26-2008 at 12:32 AM. Reason: no ebay links allowed
Old 09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I believe the seller was just unsure of the 3lz it sounds like he recived bum info from someone about it becasue he refers to the stitching and the carbon fiber console easy to be confused, probably didnt just look at the window sticker.

It apears as a 2LZ with nav, Its just a un educated seller just because someone screws up a listing it doesnt mean they are un trustworthly and are out to rob you.

so many scams on the internet and everyone is out for blood when someone screws up.

I for one would fly out look the car over before I paid for it.

so what if it has some mileage and it on a lien

hell most vettes I have sold still had a lien on them whats the problem?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 PM
ken-rx
Burning Brakes

How many cars has he sold. All his items for sale are junk. Beware.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. They are still selling Z's around here for 5000. over and at MSRP but not many below. I know I never would have paid even MSRP, but one in Haverhill Ma just sold a couple weeks ago for 5000. over. Other dealers around here that get a few a year are sticking tight to MSRP or over. Of course the big dealers are discounting, and I would certainly do that before I bought from anyone on Ebay myself.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:08 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its only a killer deal with a great down payment. The difference in a new car vs. used car loan when you are talking about 70k is thousands of dollars. Its a good deal either way, the down payment will determine if its a great deal.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 PM
slarson
Instructor

Originally Posted by steveorz

Relax bother this guy is just asking a question,
Old 09-29-2007, 10:23 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

Default I bought my Z06 from a dealer on Ebay and it was fantastic

I bought my 07 Z06 on Ebay from a GM dealer and the car is great. Came as advertised and had 91 miles on the clock. I paid 71230k which was around 5500k off sticker of 76730. No Onstar but who cares about Onstar. You can get the 6 disc but it is an add on. If you want a C6 or Z06 check with Chris Warren at Les Stanford Chevrolet.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Coolvet
Racer

Originally Posted by slarson
Relax brother this guy is just asking a question,
I guess he kind of has a point because I have wired this money to the seller already and it is clear (even to me now) that the car does not have the 3LZ option. I'm in Australia and we don't have Corvettes sold here so I know very little about the 2008 options. I knew what 2LZ was and when I saw the leather stitching around the center console, I assumed that was the 3LZ option.

Anyway, I still think it is a good deal and I hope the car is as good as he says it is. I have spoken to him by phone and emailed him numerous times and it all seems fine.....so far! I will keep you guys informed. The car has to be picked up tomorrow and transported to Long Beach CA where it will be put in a container and shipped to Australia.

Wish me luck. This is going to be a hell of a car to have down here!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Coolvet
I guess he kind of has a point because I have wired this money to the seller already and it is clear (even to me now) that the car does not have the 3LZ option. I'm in Australia and we don't have Corvettes sold here so I know very little about the 2008 options. I knew what 2LZ was and when I saw the leather stitching around the center console, I assumed that was the 3LZ option.

Anyway, I still think it is a good deal and I hope the car is as good as he says it is. I have spoken to him by phone and emailed him numerous times and it all seems fine.....so far! I will keep you guys informed. The car has to be picked up tomorrow and transported to Long Beach CA where it will be put in a container and shipped to Australia.

Wish me luck. This is going to be a hell of a car to have down here!
Best of luck.

Woa......you wired him the money???

Doesn't it say right at the bottom of that auction:

Helpful information
eBay recommended services
Marketplace Safety Tip
eBay Motors - Safe Buying Tips for Vehicles
NEVER pay for a vehicle by instant cash transfer,such as Western Union or Moneygram.
ALWAYS use My Messages to confirm an email asking for account information is from eBay.
GET a vehicle history report before purchasing a used car (1981 or later).

Has anyone you know actually seen the car???

Buying a car off of eBay and having it shipped overseas.....how long is it supposed to take to get there?? This guy could be long gone by the time you figure out no car is coming your way.

I'd be as nervous as a hound dog crapping a sideways peach pit right about now were it me. But I do wish you the best and I am hoping with all my might that you didn't just get taken.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 09-30-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 AM
z06Bigbird
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Shipping to Australia in box must cost about $6,000. In box to Germany is about $3500, methinks.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Coolvet
Racer

Default Shipping to Australia

Hi Z06BigBird,

Shipping to Australia is a bit less than $4,500 actually. The real costs happen after that. There is an import duty, a luxury car tax duty and a Goods & Services Tax which add up to $24,000 then the car has to be converted to RHD which costs $42,000. So the total cost to put this car on the road will be $138,500.

How lucky are you guys living in the US where you can simply buy a Z06 without all of that hassle?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're obviously not looking to save every buck, why not just get a new one?

I hate to sound so harsh, but I'm serious!

Get notified of new replies

To Did I get a good deal on this 2008 Z06?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Before you pay any money, I would suggest you get the GMAC loan number and talk to GMAC about the payoff. See if you can pay the loan off directly to GMAC and have them send you the title. The seller might be a straight up person, but you are also dealing with the owner(who owes GMAC the money) of the car in addition to the eBay seller. You can't be to careful.
I have bought a lot of things on ebay and have been fairly lucky but fraud is very much alive. Not trying to say or imply this is the case here, but as JoesC5 stated "You can't be too careful."
Good luck and probably all will go well so enjoy that great car,
Old 10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Coolvet
Racer

I started out looking at buying a new Z06 but was advised by the RHD convertor here to look at an "almost new" one because I would not have any sales tax issues in the USA plus every dollar saved at the time of purchase works out to be $2 saved by the time it is landed because of our import taxes. So getting a saving off MSRP of $10k means I save almost $20k here. That makes it worthwhile.

The car gets picked up today by the transport company so I will let you all know if it goes OK and the car is what it was advertised as.

Thanks for your interest.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Coolvet
Racer

Can any of you help me get a VIN check done on this car?

Thanks.

Last edited by 1%r; 01-26-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Car Fax is not allowed

Quick Reply: [Z06] Did I get a good deal on this 2008 Z06?