Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Well I have another huge reason to get into a Z ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:31 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Well I have another huge reason to get into a Z ASAP

Greetings all,

So this past friday at 11pm I am crusing down 183 here in Fort Worth going to meet a buddy to have some drinks. Doing 85ish on the highway my car (Mazda RX8) loses ALL power, pretty much DIES as im going at speed. Luckily I was able to coast to a nice shoulder area. All the dash lights come on, trying to start the car, it turns over, but will not catch and fire up. Heavy gasoline smell out the back. Most likely blown Apex seals. (no im not turbocharging) Should be all fixed under warranty - hah funny thing its a 50K warranty, I have 49943 miles on my car :-p

I have loved that car - but this is just another huge push to get into a vette ASAP. I should find out today exactly what is wrong, and if they are going to cover it all under warranty (looks like it will)

New timetable is looking to be something along the lines of get all the engine RX8 stuff behind me, buy a beater light truck (S10, ranger, whatever) for a few K... sell my RX8, put that money in the bank save up for a few months and then pull the trigger on a vette.

I will have to say they way that Mazda handles this engine business will dictate whether I will endorse them as "good cars" or not after all is said and done.

Oh well *end rant*

:-p
Old 10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man i hope its not the hot ******* we did the other day when you were showing me what it could do
Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
z06Bigbird
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure we admit Mazda drivers after 49k miles. Provide pics of g/f, and she better be good looking, man.

That might help.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427Z
man i hope its not the hot ******* we did the other day when you were showing me what it could do
Hah -- no I did a LOT more wailing on my engine in the past and its always come thru like a songbird.... Odd that cruising on the highway just going 85 would make it pop who knows. Funny too in that I was playing with a C5 Vette a few nights before in light traffic at night... yes I know he could whoop my *** in Acceleration, but it was more of a spirited play weaving/dodging drive then some kinda race.

z06Bigbird: I'm not sure I really understand your comment? I fail to see how my girlfriend or her looks have any bearing on the topic? *shrugs* oh well.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:11 AM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Count your blessings,better to break down before drinks than after!

Get notified of new replies

To Well I have another huge reason to get into a Z ASAP

Quick Reply: [Z06] Well I have another huge reason to get into a Z ASAP