Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dealership damaged my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:18 PM
OneSickZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Z16
***UPDATE****
It has been a long tough road to ride down. The adviser at GM feels this is the longest case she has ever had to deal with. The car is at the body shop again, different body shop now. I stopped in Wednesday but forgot to take my camera with me. The drivers door was removed from the car and the rear quarter as well. The body shop manager explained about painting the two pieces separate to avoid problems with the rest of the cars paint. I asked do you mean to get the factory orange peel right and we both laughed about it. The door was dragging on the bottom against the sill plate. They fixed all of this and properly aligned the door. I saw the car sitting in the detail bay on Friday so hopefully Monday I'll be able to put this all behind me. I just can't believe it has taken over two months to get here.
On the good side it is suppose to be 60 degrees here tomorrow.
That's great it got fixed and all is good! My brand new 06 F250 Powerstroke had two rust rings on the roof under the paint. My detailer caught it. It took Ford 2 1/2 months to get my truck back. I filed a poor survey on Ford's body shop.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 AM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Originally Posted by El Puto
Yeah, that plus your'e 1st on the list for a ZR1 and they sell it at sticker.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chevy isn't the only brand with problems.

My previous car was a 1999 911C2. I had an incident where I inflicted damage to the front and side of the car. It took the Porsche dealer six months in all to fix the car. I had to return it at least six times because of faulty repairs. It became apparent that no one did a quality inspection before returning the car. Dealer owner was worthless. They even had to replace the front bumper on their own money because the lot boy ran into a pole. I think they are the largest Porsche dealer in Washington state...

Thus far I have had my car worked on 6-7 times at two different Chey dealers with good results.

Glad your repair is finally complete!

Dean
Old 01-31-2008, 02:23 AM
sonz06
Instructor

Location: car is located in st. louis most of the time MO/AL/TX/LA

Originally Posted by J HEBERT
Imagine if u will, taking your car in for headlight warranty work, being told "it's ready, come get it" only to show up and sit waiting for 45minutes. Ohh, they are bringing it now Mr. Hebert....just as they say that, I/we hear the unmistakable sound of corsa exhaust and 408cubes having a fight w/ the limiter and loosing. Sure enough, here comes my vette sideways down the street past the front of the caddy dealer, and kept going. I was like "Dude! thats my $@^!ng car". The salesman says "yea, right"....No Chit man, thats MY CAR! Well, 20 mins later the car is brought around by yet someone else, and all we can smell is clutch and brakes. My gun had already been removed b4 I dropped it off......good thing or I would still be on the run. Nowadays, I blow something up, they give me parts and I wrench, no questions. In the end it works out for everyone, and everybody gets to live another day. The people who know me and many reading this now know this is the absolute truth and it seems to be the norm.
man i know that was not funny but this part (I/we hear the unmistakable sound of corsa exhaust and 408cubes having a fight w/ the limiter and loosing. Sure enough, here comes my vette sideways down the street past the front of the caddy dealer, and kept going. I was like "Dude! thats my $@^!ng car". The salesman says "yea, right"....No Chit man, thats MY CAR! )just got me
Originally Posted by VRZ06
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, one note though. Don't forget to make a deal with the dealer on
trade in value. Your VIN will show us as a wrecked vehicle in the system. This is not your fault so you shouldn't have to take the hit.. Just a thought..

Originally Posted by 04Z16
***UPDATE****
It has been a long tough road to ride down. The adviser at GM feels this is the longest case she has ever had to deal with. The car is at the body shop again, different body shop now. I stopped in Wednesday but forgot to take my camera with me. The drivers door was removed from the car and the rear quarter as well. The body shop manager explained about painting the two pieces separate to avoid problems with the rest of the cars paint. I asked do you mean to get the factory orange peel right and we both laughed about it. The door was dragging on the bottom against the sill plate. They fixed all of this and properly aligned the door. I saw the car sitting in the detail bay on Friday so hopefully Monday I'll be able to put this all behind me. I just can't believe it has taken over two months to get here.
On the good side it is suppose to be 60 degrees here tomorrow.

Originally Posted by OneSickZ06
HOLY **** I would have just punched the salesman in the F****** Face. Straight Then contact my lawyer!

i had a problem with GM my self but nothing like this? i was at the familys in AL over the hoildays, went to get and oil change at a local dealer. went in (with all my own oil and filter) i said to the guy behind the counter I need and oil change in a C6 Z06. he got on the phone and i heard him ask for a price on and oil change with 5 quarts of mobil one. i said no man its a Z06 then a guy from around a wall chims in you got a new Z06? i said yeah and it takes 20 quarts of oil the guy on the phone as he was filling out paper work asked the person he was on the phone withhow much for and oil change with 20 quarts of mobil one i started laughing so hard i just looked up at the guy and said im going else where thanks any ways . ended up finding a local express oil change place who let me use there bay and tools to do it my self. but man there are some people who are not educated on these cars so things are going to happen sucks though. Glad everything worked out for you though
Old 01-31-2008, 03:45 AM
vjones
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear that.

I've heard that Chevy service can be bad with the exception of certain dealers of course, but I heard that even Dodge has their own select service techs only service the Viper and they treat it like an own seperate Car service.

Just make sure that it is done correct. Drive it, make sure no wind noise as someone else stated, and I would see what the dealer would do for you to make you feel good. Maybe they will provide free service of some sort.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dealership damaged my car