Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Sorry Z06 Brothers, Can we try this again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 AM
shindo97
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry Z06 Brothers, Can we try this again.

Ok maybe i came off like a twit or something, but dang did my first thread put the worst taste in my mouth here...so lets try it again...bc in the end im a VETTE freak like u all....

Name is Shindo, from austin tx. Im a 3d animator for a living and Pro-fighter for MMA/PRIDE during the evenings and weekends.

30 yrs old so i got some exp on me with cars, and fast vehicles...ESP BIKES, i have a 200 HP 2008 hayabusa, and have had about 5 other insane Hayabusa's.

My cars before i saw the "LIGHT" and got the SUPERCAR (my Z06) were these:

here was my first supra ~ 490 RWHP and 440RWTQ

then graduated to this 820RWHP monster...this car went through many HP stages..it ended at 820 ish.

My Srt10 Coupe...this car was a POS by the way guys...

My M3 which was a joy to own, and was what i traded to get the Z06!!!

My 2003 911 Turbo. Got rid of this bc for all $ it cost to upkeep and to own, it really was BORING...ZZZZZZZ...just not me...

My GTS ACR: was pretty fun to own, but just not the right touch for...had the flare but just felt like it was put together with Duct tape.
Lost the pics of that and my m5/ m6 due to my laptop hard drive taking a dump...lost a lot of pics...have learned to back up since then.

My bikes:
this is the new 2008 Hayabusa!! OMG the best bike i have ever been on.

here are the rest.

NOW this is what i have! along with my bikes, and Toyota Camry as daily driver. i have gotten rid of everything else to invest in some real estate.

the reason i posted this was to show im not a kid that got a Vette. I know nice cars and i know how to drive very well..

I auto crossed my M3, and Drag raced my supra's. I do the same with all my bikes..( i track the 1000cc bikes and take the busa's to the dragstrip.)

i put 300 miles on the Z06 this weekend..our weather here is amazing.
THIS CAR is everything it claims and more..

I took her out on a LONG twisty road that's famous here, calle d LIMECREEK rd in austin...Blasted her a little bit on our empty toll roads..
I am so IMPRESSED it isnt funny..

My Z06 will NOT be dragged or Auto Crossed. This car is purely for me to look at, cruise around in, the occasional WOT race against another cool car...Just basically sit back and enjoy...But i DO want to make this a long term project. IN the end i would like 600 HP flywheel or so, killer sound system, and thats about it. ( 525-550 to the ground basically.) NO Nitrous.

i have the mod bug no matter what it is...there are some Look nice things i want to do : HRE wheels, z06 matts, Z06 door sill panels, Tint, Clear bra, 1.5 inch drop or so via Bilstein but i have not researched this..the stock suspension is PERFECT for what i want out of this car and so i dont want to mess with it..

As far as power..im researching as we speak. I have never modded an american car before...and when i did my imports, i just cut the check, and show up and enjoy. I am to busy to be pro-active...

With this car, i want to change that.

SO this is why i will ask DUMB questions, but i think i will soon have a nice, very fast, well modded, Z06 that u will all be proud to say is on this forum.

NOW...where the hell do i order the Baffle switch mod? I believe u are all calling it Mild to wild switch...it replaces the fuse and fits in that "no use" panel in center console correct? sorry for the long post, and good to meet u all!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey,

Welcome to the Corvette Forum. Looks like you have some very nice hardware already but you've landed on the amazing C6Z for fun. I'm a supporting vendor and I can help you find the result you're trying to achieve. I understand the modding bug since I have it bad too.

Anyway have fun with your new toy.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by shindo97
Ok maybe i came off like a twit or something, but dang did my first thread put the worst taste in my mouth here...so lets try it again...bc in the end im a VETTE freak like u all....

Name is Shindo, from austin tx. Im a 3d animator for a living and Pro-fighter for MMA/PRIDE during the evenings and weekends.

30 yrs old so i got some exp on me with cars, and fast vehicles...ESP BIKES, i have a 200 HP 2008 hayabusa, and have had about 5 other insane Hayabusa's.

My cars before i saw the "LIGHT" and got the SUPERCAR (my Z06) were these:

here was my first supra ~ 490 RWHP and 440RWTQ

then graduated to this 820RWHP monster...this car went through many HP stages..it ended at 820 ish.

My Srt10 Coupe...this car was a POS by the way guys...

My M3 which was a joy to own, and was what i traded to get the Z06!!!

My 2003 911 Turbo. Got rid of this bc for all $ it cost to upkeep and to own, it really was BORING...ZZZZZZZ...just not me...

My GTS ACR: was pretty fun to own, but just not the right touch for...had the flare but just felt like it was put together with Duct tape.
Lost the pics of that and my m5/ m6 due to my laptop hard drive taking a dump...lost a lot of pics...have learned to back up since then.

My bikes:
this is the new 2008 Hayabusa!! OMG the best bike i have ever been on.

here are the rest.

NOW this is what i have! along with my bikes, and Toyota Camry as daily driver. i have gotten rid of everything else to invest in some real estate.

the reason i posted this was to show im not a kid that got a Vette. I know nice cars and i know how to drive very well..

I auto crossed my M3, and Drag raced my supra's. I do the same with all my bikes..( i track the 1000cc bikes and take the busa's to the dragstrip.)

i put 300 miles on the Z06 this weekend..our weather here is amazing.
THIS CAR is everything it claims and more..

I took her out on a LONG twisty road that's famous here, calle d LIMECREEK rd in austin...Blasted her a little bit on our empty toll roads..
I am so IMPRESSED it isnt funny..

My Z06 will NOT be dragged or Auto Crossed. This car is purely for me to look at, cruise around in, the occasional WOT race against another cool car...Just basically sit back and enjoy...But i DO want to make this a long term project. IN the end i would like 600 HP flywheel or so, killer sound system, and thats about it. ( 525-550 to the ground basically.) NO Nitrous.

i have the mod bug no matter what it is...there are some Look nice things i want to do : HRE wheels, z06 matts, Z06 door sill panels, Tint, Clear bra, 1.5 inch drop or so via Bilstein but i have not researched this..the stock suspension is PERFECT for what i want out of this car and so i dont want to mess with it..

As far as power..im researching as we speak. I have never modded an american car before...and when i did my imports, i just cut the check, and show up and enjoy. I am to busy to be pro-active...

With this car, i want to change that.

SO this is why i will ask DUMB questions, but i think i will soon have a nice, very fast, well modded, Z06 that u will all be proud to say is on this forum.

NOW...where the hell do i order the Baffle switch mod? I believe u are all calling it Mild to wild switch...it replaces the fuse and fits in that "no use" panel in center console correct? sorry for the long post, and good to meet u all!
Welcome aboard. Nice rides.

The mild to wild switch can be ordered from

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1772535

or

http://www.nakidparts.com/id25.html

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 01-28-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:56 AM
shindo97
Advanced

oh sweet..i think i like this one more than the one that comes with the OEM panel that goes in the center console...thanks a lot
Old 01-28-2008, 01:01 AM
vtecnitian
Instructor

congrats on the z. btw nice supras love the green one looks so clean.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:16 AM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome again :cheers

You got some good taste in toys. That Busa is a good looking bike, got pics or videos. You should have a chat with CF member Ayoussef sometime (you will met him )...
Old 01-28-2008, 02:13 AM
vjones
Burning Brakes

Once again Welcome and enjoy yourself here. Most everyone is cool and willing to help.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:19 AM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Welcome!

I'm not sure about the whole first post thing -- but I can tell you - you fit right in!

My forum friend had started with Supras, then a C5 Z06, then a C6 Z06, then a Viper, then a HP bike, than another C6 Z06.

So, you fit the pattern!

I will have him reply or PM you for a more proper welcome.

The Z06 is a beast, correct!?!?! No matter what "discipline" you come from -- the C6Z is in a world of it's own. And that's STOCK!!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 AM
sonz06
Instructor

Location: car is located in st. louis most of the time MO/AL/TX/LA

welcome aging
Old 01-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Welcome to the site!!

Your in TX so you have some top notch Crovette performance shops in your state! LG Motorsports, Carlos @ Vette Air/Quality Motorsports and MTI to name a few. They all have packages that can help you reach your goals.

Good luck and enjoy your new Z06
Old 01-28-2008, 05:14 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Welcome againm your info helps. I recommend Pipedreams' switch at nakidparts.com, he came up with it and has excellent service. It replaces the stock Exhaust Module fuse located in the fuse box under the passenger side footwell. I recommend searching the forum first for some of your questions, they have been already been discussed at length.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 AM
MostWanted
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2KZ28CAM
Welcome!

I'm not sure about the whole first post thing
I can tell you what happened in his first post: He was genuinely happy and excited about getting his Z06 and becoming a part of this forum and asked a few innocent questions. Then...some members who have nothing better to do flamed him for not knowing EVERYTHING about his car or the forum. I really don't know why people have to post negative replies! If you don't like what someone says or asks, especially from someone who is new...MOVE ON TO ANOTHER THREAD! You should not use your negativity to up your post count. Otherwise...give them advice on using the search function or direct them to the Z06 information thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1144462 To Shindo...welcome to the forum! You will find it to be one of the best tools you can have when working or modding your Vette. You will also learn to ignore negative people.

Last edited by MostWanted; 01-28-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

From another newbie, I salute your impressive array of machinery and the cajones it takes to even mount some of those bikes. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:11 AM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MostWanted
I can tell you what happened in his first post: He was genuinely happy and excited about getting his Z06 and becoming a part of this forum and asked a few innocent questions. Then...some members who have nothing better to do flamed him for not knowing EVERYTHING about his car or the forum. I really don't know why people have to post negative replies! If you don't like what someone says or asks, especially from someone who is new...MOVE ON TO ANOTHER THREAD! You should not use your negativity to up your post count. Otherwise...give them advise on using the search function or direct them to the Z06 information thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1144462 To Shindo...welcome to the forum! You will find it to be one of the best tools you can have when working or modding your Vette. You will also learn to ignore negative people.

props, My Brother!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:48 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the "brotherhood." No reason to justify yourself here. And there are no dumb questions; just some dumb answers.

Tip: filling out your profile with your location will earn you more cred here.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Tyler_Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Welcome to the boards and congrats on the Z06. Like the poster above me said, fill out your profile and get an avatar. Little things like that make it look like you've been here awhile
Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
SC TROJAN GRAD
Melting Slicks

welcome

Get notified of new replies

To Sorry Z06 Brothers, Can we try this again.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
shindo97
Advanced

this is what im talking about!! thanks all..

I will be picking the brains of many...and soon posting pics at different stages...i like pics and videos..so be prepared...hahaha..
Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 AM
irish boy
Advanced

cool ive had nearly your identicle garage....a 95 supra twin turbo, an e30 and e46 m3, 05 srt viper and a 996 turbo as well as some other stuff! my current z06 i put in front tho the only one comes close is the gt3 i had last year which was a fantastic piece of kit!
never would touch a bike tho....not enough self control and would end up dead!!
all the best with your new toy!!

simon

belfast
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Hawkeye2
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome again.

For the clear bra I just installed the invisiblemask and I love it!

It's not an easy install, but I'm very patient and particular,but it
was worth it!

Brian.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Sorry Z06 Brothers, Can we try this again.