Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Paint touchups BEFORE applying clearbra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Rexmobile
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint touchups BEFORE applying clearbra?

Hey all. I did some reading about the Touchup123 product for some road rash. I have a black Z06 and it has slight rash which I was thinking of using Touchup123 on. But then once it fully cures, I was thinking of getting a Clearbra or Avery kit put on.

Does anyone have any experience with this and recommends/DOES NOT recommend this?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
OneSickZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attempted to touch up my silver SRT8 and it never matched really good. On my Z im going to just have the bumper resprayed and then the ventureshield installed. Once the clear bra stuff is on it's on. You'll want it to be perfect.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I did touch up w/ VR prior to clear bra, only had very small # of areas requiring paint. It turned out very well. langka has a kit for smoothing out paint blobs. It's NOT show perfect, but pretty darn good. The clearbra will be a little shiny over the touch up paint. Then again I'm a road course guy not entering the wash til u drop shows w/ my baby.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
ZeeOh6Nut
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Good Touch Up Paint

Originally Posted by urslooow
I did touch up w/ VR prior to clear bra, only had very small # of areas requiring paint. It turned out very well. langka has a kit for smoothing out paint blobs. It's NOT show perfect, but pretty darn good. The clearbra will be a little shiny over the touch up paint. Then again I'm a road course guy not entering the wash til u drop shows w/ my baby.
I posted this a while back so please forgive the repeat... The GM touch-up paint has a good design with a spring-loaded ballpoint tip that makes it very easy to put a small amount of paint in the chip divot without going over the edge of the chip. If you take your time and repeat the process of putting small amounts in all the chips in a panel on the vehicle, letting it totally dry, and then follow up with some rubbing compound followed by polishing compound on a q-tip, chips can be filled where you need a magnifying glass to detect the repair.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint touchups BEFORE applying clearbra?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Paint touchups BEFORE applying clearbra?