Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] REVIEW: One Button NPP / Z06 On/Off Wireless Exhaust Switch by Sunset Orange Creation

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default REVIEW: One Button NPP / Z06 On/Off Wireless Exhaust Switch by Sunset Orange Creation

I received the package today containing Exhaust Commander One Button Exhaust Controller. The package included 2 one button, keychain remote fobs, the receiver unit and installation instructions. The package arrived via Priority Mail. I had also ordered and received one each of the Jetstream blue and the Arctic white fob covers so I could see the different color options.

The one button fobs are well made and have a protective slider to cover the button when not in use. The protective slider is a good idea to prevent inadvertent activation and also to keep the button dust free. There is also a small pull up antenna for better signal transmission, also a good idea. Of course, there are red LED’s on each fob to indicate that they are active. All of the connections and connectors on the external wiring are very well secured and are sealed with heat shrink tubing where appropriate. And the wires are labeled with small printed tabs as necessary to further facilitate the installation. The entire package is professionally assembled.

Here is a photo of the 2 black fobs and the 2 other available colors.

This is what the receiver unit looks like:

The installation instructions are very well written and contain clear, black & white photos depicting each step of the installation. The only tool necessary according to the instructions is a 7mm socket but a 7mm nut driver would do the trick as well. My wife wanted to do the installation and she also used a fuse puller to facilitate unplugging the 2, 10-amp fuses from the fuse block. Alternatively, a small pair of needle nose pliers could be used.

We opted for the starting/valves-open mode in our installation but the hookup is provided for starting with the valves closed as well. The labeled tabs on the wiring are especially handy here. We also opted for the zero battery drain installation procedure. The entire process took my wife about 7 minutes including programming the HomeLink visor switch.

I love the fact that the HomeLink switch works on only one button to open or close the butterflies. I suppose if I had a car that didn’t have the HomeLink setup I could find an unobtrusive spot to Velcro the fob.

The unit works flawlessly either with the fob or the visor switch. I tested the fob up to about 40 feet to the rear of the car so the fob definitely has some range potential.

Sunset Orange Creations offers the switch on their Website here: Link to Purchase

The price is $78.00. Sunset Orange Creations offers a full lifetime replacement warranty should there ever be a problem. Having tried both a two button (one button for opening and one for closing) and the one button units I have to say that the one button unit is the way to go. This is an exceptional value for a high quality product.

Last edited by Exterminator; 10-03-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
NKRZ06
Instructor

Location: Moncton, NB Canada.This Z06 is my very first Vette!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben is great to deal with!!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Hawkeye2
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ditto, one of many fine vendors on this site.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:28 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks for the great write up Exterminator.

That pretty much sums up why I think this unit is my best controller available.

Its easy to install, affordable, a top quality unit with colored remotes available and 3 install configs to choose from when you install it.

If anyone needs any info, feel free to contact me anytime.

Ben
Old 02-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Hawkeye2
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Any word on when the new control will be out?

The one that links to the 3 button visor system.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeDream
Thanks for the great write up Exterminator.

That pretty much sums up why I think this unit is my best controller available.

Its easy to install, affordable, a top quality unit with colored remotes available and 3 install configs to choose from when you install it.

If anyone needs any info, feel free to contact me anytime.

Ben
My pleasure Ben. I really like the 1-button remote! Awesome product at a great price = a super value. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NKRZ06
Old 02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
EAST COAST Z51
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Does anyone sell a exhaust control that is programable to my 08 Lear
Car2u System ?
Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have enough buttons to push everyday and the one button sounded like a good idea. just placed my order. thanks bosco
Old 02-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bosco 08
i have enough buttons to push everyday and the one button sounded like a good idea. just placed my order. thanks bosco
I agree! You will love it. Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Sounds great Ben. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:59 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

just received my One Button kit and it looks great. the fobs with the sliding covers are very nice and the overall kit looks to be of high quality. thanks bosco
Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

just received my One Button kit and it looks great. the fobs with the sliding covers are very nice and the overall kit looks to be of high quality. thanks bosco
Looking forward to hear how you like it once installed.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:25 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Looking forward to hear how you like it once installed.
well i would love to install it but the weather here is 4 degrees with another 6 to 9" of snow coming sunday and i don't feel like moving stuff around in my garage to get at the car properly. soon i promise
Old 02-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

well i would love to install it but the weather here is 4 degrees with another 6 to 9" of snow coming sunday and i don't feel like moving stuff around in my garage to get at the car properly. soon i promise
Wow, 4° that must be a typo! 40° maybe? I don't blame you for not venturing outdoors. Brrrrr!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Vettes are not too much fun in the Snow...

When it thaws a little and you get it out there let me know how you like it!

Ben
Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by NKRZ06
Thanks for the kind words!

Glad you are enjoying your controller!

Ben

Get notified of new replies

To REVIEW: One Button NPP / Z06 On/Off Wireless Exhaust Switch by Sunset Orange Creation

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
BRU
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything on the 2008 visor model yet? We just picked up our C6, and we really like the 1 buttom feature, price, options, etc. this unit has. Is there an estimated availability timeframe? Or any chance of being able to swap out or upgrade the current model for the 2008 version? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BRU
Anything on the 2008 visor model yet? We just picked up our C6, and we really like the 1 buttom feature, price, options, etc. this unit has. Is there an estimated availability timeframe? Or any chance of being able to swap out or upgrade the current model for the 2008 version? Thanks!
I sent you a pm, I'll talk to you very soon!

Ben
Old 03-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Here's a link to a thread describing what great fun you can have with an Exhaust Commander! Check it out: Here

Quick Reply: [Z06] REVIEW: One Button NPP / Z06 On/Off Wireless Exhaust Switch by Sunset Orange Creation