Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Heel-toe pedal options???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
bluemagoo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heel-toe pedal options???

Trying to find a good heel-toe (wider) gas pedal replacement/extension to help with heel-toeing.

I installed the Elite Engineering pedal a while ago (looked very nice like their other stuff) but felt there was an unacceptable amount of movement of the pedal on the lever. Reinstalled the stock pedal for now.

I looked at the Ultimate Pedals piece on their website yesterday, but have been unable to contact them. Email bounced back and phone was out of service. Anyone have current info on them??

Any other options/ suggestions out there? It doesn't have to be fancy -just functional. Having my foot slip off the brake while coming into a corner at a DE unduely increases the pucker factor!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Hawkeye2
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same thoughts about the Elite that I installed. I called
them about the excessive play after installation. They told me to
try it for a while. Now, I'm used to it, I don't even notice the
play any longer. While your foot is on it, there is enough pressure
to take up the "slack".

I'd reinstall and drive it for a while.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Hawkeye2
I had the same thoughts about the Elite that I installed. I called
them about the excessive play after installation. They told me to
try it for a while. Now, I'm used to it, I don't even notice the
play any longer. While your foot is on it, there is enough pressure
to take up the "slack".

I'd reinstall and drive it for a while.

your foot does not feel that play only your hand does when you try to move it and you drive with your foot
Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
your foot does not feel that play only your hand does when you try to move it and you drive with your foot

I had my mechanic install mine, so I never felt the movement with the hand. I drove it for a month before my friend installed his own and mentioned it to me. I then checked mine and was shocked.

I love the pedal. It makes heel n toe a snap.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 AM
DarkKnight Z
Instructor

Could I get a link to where this can be bought? (or similiar heel-toe pedals?) Thank you.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 AM
JDRacing
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkKnight Z
Could I get a link to where this can be bought? (or similiar heel-toe pedals?) Thank you.
Order it from Ed (Pipedreams--who posted above), a respected forum vendor who is great to deal with. Here's a link to the relevant page on his website.

http://www.nakidparts.com/id48.html
Old 04-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by bluemagoo
Trying to find a good heel-toe (wider) gas pedal replacement/extension to help with heel-toeing.

I installed the Elite Engineering pedal a while ago (looked very nice like their other stuff) but felt there was an unacceptable amount of movement of the pedal on the lever. Reinstalled the stock pedal for now.

I looked at the Ultimate Pedals piece on their website yesterday, but have been unable to contact them. Email bounced back and phone was out of service. Anyone have current info on them??

Any other options/ suggestions out there? It doesn't have to be fancy -just functional. Having my foot slip off the brake while coming into a corner at a DE unduely increases the pucker factor!
There's another way to fix that...

With these on, I'm on the edge of the brake with the ball of my foot when I roll over and blip the throttle with the outside of my foot - but it feelts like the ball of my foot is stuck to the brake pedal with glue. They work exceptionally well.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:13 PM
bluemagoo
Pro

Default Closer pedals or wider feet under the dash

I could "get used to it", but why not do it right? The stock pedal's pin is pressed into the pedal lever and is fixed. The pedal moves about that pin/axle shaft at two hinge points (ends of the pin) - rotation is in only one plane.

The EE pedal has only one hinge point (at the lever attachment). It allows rotation of the pedal in 3 planes (pitch, roll,yaw?). Sort of like comparing the stability of a 2-wheeled (on a single axle) cart to a wheel barrow.

Nice Alpinestars! I do have Piloti shoes but also have a narrow foot. When I place the ball of my right foot solidly on the Z06's brake pedal, my foot is not wide enough to reach the left edge of the gas pedal. I have no problem with heel-toe in my 1970 Corvette.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Hmm... Well, I'm an 8.5D myself... but at the end of the day, you have to go with what works for you. I've seen some nice pedals from Elite Engineering, but I cannot say I've tried them so I'm not much help there, sorry.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:49 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 713 Likes on 494 Posts

the best option is to practice, and master the technique on ANY set of pedals. The Corvette has excellent pedals from the factory, and with plenty of experience in a variety of cars, you'll find yourself driving better if you concentrate on technique and not buying parts.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
bluemagoo
Pro

David, I'll continue to practice and hopefully someday become as capable as you are (sincere compliment).

In the meantime, I'll just fabricate my own piece from some scrap sheet. Thanks all for your input.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 AM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDRacing
Order it from Ed (Pipedreams--who posted above), a respected forum vendor who is great to deal with. Here's a link to the relevant page on his website.

http://www.nakidparts.com/id48.html
Is there a way to purchase only the gas pedal? They sell the gas pedal and dead pedal as a set. I see no need to get the dead pedal and I really do not want to pay for it.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 AM
capn37
Pro

www.ultimatepedals.com

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo...oducts_id=2939

It screws into the factory pedal but works very well. My dad has one on his Z and it made a huge difference.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C5Lion
Is there a way to purchase only the gas pedal? They sell the gas pedal and dead pedal as a set. I see no need to get the dead pedal and I really do not want to pay for it.
My buddy bought only the gas pedal.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 AM
bluemagoo
Pro

Default Ultimate Pedals

I'm happy to report that Ultimate Pedals is still in business. As I indicated in my initial post, I got a bounceback on my email to them and their phone was reported out of service a couple of days ago.

Tried again today & established communication without a hitch. All is well with Ultimate.....
Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by outnumbered
My buddy bought only the gas pedal.

Did he buy the pedal from the same company? I emailed them and they said they only come as a set.

Get notified of new replies

To Heel-toe pedal options???

Old 04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by capn37
www.ultimatepedals.com

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo...oducts_id=2939

It screws into the factory pedal but works very well. My dad has one on his Z and it made a huge difference.

Do you know which one he bought?
Old 04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ultimat pedals gas pedal works really well and no play. I got the matching dead pedal. stay away from the layover clutch and brake pedal they don't quite fit well.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
allegretto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by urslooow
ultimat pedals gas pedal works really well and no play. I got the matching dead pedal. stay away from the layover clutch and brake pedal they don't quite fit well.
Same here. Don't bother with the brake or clutch, the height is perfect with the wide gas and dead pedal. Ultimate has made pedals for several of my cars and the work is topnotch. I once didn't like a pedal and he made me a new one right away.

Also consider a floor plate. It will allow your foot to move more freely and not hang up on the carpet. He will also engrave it with Z 06 or anything else you would like

Quick Reply: [Z06] Heel-toe pedal options???