Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] I want a ZR1......

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I want a ZR1......

Ok I am not a tire kicker. If any dealer has an allocation for one Please PM me or call me @ 203-509-3574..... Or email me @ mwstahl@bestweb.net Thanks Mark......
Old 05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
GRB
Pro

Fergit it. The party is over and all the guests have left.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:02 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty4
Ok I am not a tire kicker. If any dealer has an allocation for one Please PM me or call me @ 203-509-3574..... Or email me @ mwstahl@bestweb.net Thanks Mark......
Given 2000 ZR-1's will be produced the first year worldwide there are more people with the money and interest to buy the car than will be produced. I suspect some will only drive them for awhile and sell them and others may wait until they can buy one for MSRP. Your best chance is to (a) pay whatever market price to a dealer if you can find one, (b) offer a buyer more than they can refuse, or (c) wait a year or so and get one for MSRP. Good luck in any case. Best
Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
GRB
Pro

Once the first one sells for $175K or more on Ebay few if any will get one for less the $50K over MSRP. Screw it. The car is off my radar.

This will sound absurd to most of you BUT....go drive a S65, SL65, C63 AMG or whatever. The accelertion will astound you! Now, a year or so down the road which is going to give you the worst case of buyers remorse??? And admit it, when you look over at the sap who paid more for his Corvette than did for your Mercedes, who's going to be smirking?

Actually, the best buy in the $100k or so range is a "like new" very low milage hot rod Mercedes!! They drive it off the lot, you save $50K.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

I will take my chances that a dealer will sell one for a little above sticker in this economy,,, and I will be ready to buy.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 PM
GRB
Pro

The market for this car is not affected one bit by "this economy".
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GRB
The market for this car is not affected one bit by "this economy".
Some people are in a financial position to be able to afford this car. Quit trying to force your standards on them.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
GRB
Pro

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Some people are in a financial position to be able to afford this car. Quit trying to force your standards on them.
What does that mean? I don't force standards or economic conditions. But, I can tell you the people who could pay $150k - $175k a year ago can pay it today. And there will be plenty to pay whatever the established prices happens to be. That's the way the free market works.

Now, should we enter another Jimmy Carter like period of extreme consumer "misery", rather than an election year charade, ZR-1 prices could feel a little pinch. But not much.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GRB
What does that mean? I don't force standards or economic conditions. But, I can tell you the people who could pay $150k - $175k a year ago can pay it today. And there will be plenty to pay whatever the established prices happens to be. That's the way the free market works.

Now, should we enter another Jimmy Carter like period of extreme consumer "misery", rather than an election year charade, ZR-1 prices could feel a little pinch. But not much.
Basically what I'm getting at is, if they want a ZR-1, let them get it. Quit trying to steer them towards a Mercedes, when it's obvious that's not what they're after. Totally different markets and buyers. Here let me quote one of your posts to show my point. The OP is not on a mercedes forum. He's on a Corvetteforum. He also stated he wants a ZR-1. Not a Mercedes. Not a BMW. Not a Ferarri, a ZR-1. Which last I checked, was a Corvette. You spent 2-3 posts on this thread trying to steer him in another direction. Where did he suggest he needed to be steered?

Originally Posted by GRB
Once the first one sells for $175K or more on Ebay few if any will get one for less the $50K over MSRP. Screw it. The car is off my radar.

This will sound absurd to most of you BUT....go drive a S65, SL65, C63 AMG or whatever. The accelertion will astound you! Now, a year or so down the road which is going to give you the worst case of buyers remorse??? And admit it, when you look over at the sap who paid more for his Corvette than did for your Mercedes, who's going to be smirking?

Actually, the best buy in the $100k or so range is a "like new" very low milage hot rod Mercedes!! They drive it off the lot, you save $50K.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:55 AM
shawn h.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GRB

The OP was asking a dealer to sell him a ZR1, not opinions on other cars. Do people read these posts before replying???

And btw, A S65 or C63 have no where near the performance of a ZR1, their more like a regular C6(if that?)...you are not even comparing Apples to Apples.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Thats exactly what I need is a dealership that will have one to sell to me. I am not sure or will anyone be sure what the mark-up on this will be? First things first, lets start with a dealer and work from there....
Thanks.....
Old 05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
GRB
Pro

Yeah, what was I thinking. You'll be far better off paying $175k for a $100k car than $100k for a $175k car. And quality???? Forget about it!

Bigger panties Francis, I don't give a crap what any body buys but me.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Blk03Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by sixty4
Thats exactly what I need is a dealership that will have one to sell to me. I am not sure or will anyone be sure what the mark-up on this will be? First things first, lets start with a dealer and work from there....
Thanks.....
My dealer has called twice to see if I would give up my #2 spot. While no on knows if they will get an allocation, they are confident. They said that dealers and brokers are calling from all over the US to get in line. If I decide not to order mine, I may ask the dealer for a cheap 2009 Z06. Three weeks until decision time for all of us. Nothing like when the first Z06's came out (I had the first in my city), but exciting still the same.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:42 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn h.
The OP was asking a dealer to sell him a ZR1, not opinions on other cars. Do people read these posts before replying???

And btw, A S65 or C63 have no where near the performance of a ZR1, their more like a regular C6(if that?)...you are not even comparing Apples to Apples.
... it's an internet chat board ... do you really expect people to stay on track with the thread subject or not voice their opinions on things?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:47 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk03Z06
My dealer has called twice to see if I would give up my #2 spot. While no on knows if they will get an allocation, they are confident. They said that dealers and brokers are calling from all over the US to get in line.
This goes to show that every one of the ZR-1s produced will be snatched up quickly. Dealers are realizing that even one ZR-1 allocated to them can become a huge cash cow for the dealership, and will do whatever it takes to sell it at maximum profit. Even if that means breaking selling at MSRP (or close to) agreements with long time customers (we are hearing of these instances happening already).
Old 05-10-2008, 02:09 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
This goes to show that every one of the ZR-1s produced will be snatched up quickly. Dealers are realizing that even one ZR-1 allocated to them can become a huge cash cow for the dealership, and will do whatever it takes to sell it at maximum profit. Even if that means breaking selling at MSRP (or close to) agreements with long time customers (we are hearing of these instances happening already).
Shame on dealers breaking agreements. They should have thought about it BEFORE they agreed to sell a ZR1 @ MSRP.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:50 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 395 Likes on 239 Posts

This price hiking has had me thinking for a while because I noticed it with the C6 Z06 before it came out. The Z06 in some instances was going for $100,000. And now we have the ZR1 expected to at the least go for $150,000.

So, it had me thinking: Why do car magazines and people even argue performance per dollar for the new models? Sure, once they're long in the tooth, you see the prices drop to justify that "performance per dollar" idea, but I laugh when I see car magazines talking about the "great value" a ZR1 will be compared to other super cars and then I see the msrp "priced at 99,900" and laugh even more because we all know none if any will sell for anywhere near that amount.

Just a thought on the "performance per dollar can't be beat" idea concerning today's gotta-have-it Corvette high performance models.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:11 PM
GRB
Pro

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
... it's an internet chat board ... do you really expect people to stay on track with the thread subject or not voice their opinions on things?
Gee this is horrible. Another stray comment. Anybody that is game can bring a stock C6 and I'll bring a stock SL65. Quarter mile. Bring check books.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GRB
Gee this is horrible. Another stray comment. Anybody that is game can bring a stock C6 and I'll bring a stock SL65. Quarter mile. Bring check books.
http://autos.yahoo.com/mercedes_benz...ork%2Fcpc%2FPI

174k invoice for the SL65 and you're talking about a 45k C6? Compare it to the C6ZR-1 why don't you?

http://autos.yahoo.com/mercedes_benz...r-specs/?p=ext

Gee, the SL65 roadster is over half a ton heavier than the heaviest corvette too. Wonder who's going to win this race?

Get notified of new replies

To I want a ZR1......

Quick Reply: [ZR1] I want a ZR1......