Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] How would you feel about your dealer working on your new ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Vetteinplano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Criswell Corvette
Most of my technicians have over ten years of Corvette experience, and all of them will receive specialized ZR1 training.
Luckily the new ZR1 is just an LS motor with a supercharger on top. These words were spoken for the ZR-1 as well - some scary results for some owners!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
gm4life
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would for warranty work, I don't care how much I think I know about cars. I would hate for GM to void my warranty because there is no record of me bringing the car in for service if my engine blew. Try to buy parts for the thing and do it yourself without tech manuals see how far that takes you. Atleast under warrenty the parts and labor is "free". Some dealerships are cool, they did not void my warranty even with modifications done to it. But on the flip side I can understand where some of you is comming from, I had stupid little mistakes that they had done but fixed once brought to their attention. For example they torn my shift boot, and did not put a clip on my exhaust hanger.

Last edited by gm4life; 06-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Oh man, is this always gonna be brought up? The additive is for a small portion of the transparent window of the hood...most likely about 1/8 teaspoon per car, if that.
Sorry, but that's not how I understand it. ALL of the exposed carbon fiber panels on the car need that additive in the clear coat. So if you have some sort of minor mishap that damages the paint on the carbon fiber, how many dealers are going to spring $60K to have a gallon of that additive stored in the body shop paint inventory? And if the damage is caused by something NOT covered under warranty, are you going to be willing to swallow that BIG pill for the repainting?

I sure hope that additive has a LONG LONG shelf life.....

Quick Reply: [ZR1] How would you feel about your dealer working on your new ZR1?