Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR-1 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:51 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 895 Likes on 412 Posts

Default ZR-1 Sales

I was following the ZR-1 for Sale Thread and got closed out from it. I can never quite figure out how all this works. I was curious to see how others reactec to the $130,000 sales price given the much higher numbers discussed on other threads.

Again, not knowing the rules, but now having at least one dealer offer the ZR-1 at $130,000 - and maybe a minute or two before my thread is destroyed (again, not understanding the difference between the aforementioned thread and all others), others could chime in.

I am definitely postponing buying a ZR-1 (is that slandereous or what?

Best
Old 06-08-2008, 10:01 PM
royalcasa
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I need Link's to ZR1 for sale thank's
Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 AM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
I was following the ZR-1 for Sale Thread and got closed out from it. I can never quite figure out how all this works. I was curious to see how others reactec to the $130,000 sales price given the much higher numbers discussed on other threads.

Again, not knowing the rules, but now having at least one dealer offer the ZR-1 at $130,000 - and maybe a minute or two before my thread is destroyed (again, not understanding the difference between the aforementioned thread and all others), others could chime in.

Best
This is an ad driven forum now. So, anything and everything having to deal with sellers outside of the forum are banned and removed.

You can't go beyond what isn't advertised on the forum.

Humor fits in there too, so don't make too many jokes.

LEX
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Wake Bandit
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBK

Best
This time next year the dealers will be dealing on them, and probably more colors avail too.
Time is money brother.

Take your time save some money.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

It is apparent to me that the ZR-1 may not sell as well as some believe. Economic conditions and gas prices will adversely affect sales.GM may risk losing a loyal customer base by "market pricing" the ZR-1.* IMO the dealers should get as many ZR-1's into the hands of enthusiasts as possible. Even those with money will not ignore the fact that a Z-06 now sells for about 30% less than it did when introduced (when priced over MSRP) 2 years ago. The story of the ZR-1 is likely to be very similar. Best
Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
NOLA-ZR1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBK
It is apparent to me that the ZR-1 may not sell as well as some believe. Economic conditions and gas prices will adversely affect sales.GM may risk losing a loyal customer base by "market pricing" the ZR-1.* IMO the dealers should get as many ZR-1's into the hands of enthusiasts as possible. Even those with money will not ignore the fact that a Z-06 now sells for about 30% less than it did when introduced (when priced over MSRP) 2 years ago. The story of the ZR-1 is likely to be very similar. Best
Old 06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, are you going to keep your Z06?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:57 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Senna1994
Bob, are you going to keep your Z06?

After agonizing over this for sometime, I am asking myself why I want a ZR-1? I own a (supercharged) Z-06 that is as fast. The Z-06's 30% price turnaround in less than 2 years fortells what will happen to the ZR-1 if not sooner. Seeing the ZR-1 in person reveals a "patchwork" roof, and "tacked" on carbon fiber aerodynamics.

GM should be doing all it can to get the car into our hands, if for no other reason, to promote "made in the USA", but instead appears to be disrespecting those who have been loyal to the brand. Best
Old 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

An addenum to earlier post. It seems my decision making may not matter. Just out of curiousity I called the two dealers I am listed #1, and was told they have heard nothing about a ZR-1. From what I have read on this forum, those who will be receiving an allocation have been notified already. Best
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
An addenum to earlier post. It seems my decision making may not matter. Just out of curiousity I called the two dealers I am listed #1, and was told they have heard nothing about a ZR-1. From what I have read on this forum, those who will be receiving an allocation have been notified already. Best
I contacted my dealer today. He contacted his GM rep. According to my dealer, the rep told him that there has been no official word sent out about allocations. Allocations are yet to be determined. The rep also claimed that the total number to be produced is also not set. Seems like finding out the straight story is currently impossible.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:58 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,156 Likes on 744 Posts

It is truly amazing how much conflicting information is being floated on the Forum now. The only source of information I will come close to believing will be from our Forum Supporting Dealers.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:02 AM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
I contacted my dealer today. He contacted his GM rep. According to my dealer, the rep told him that there has been no official word sent out about allocations. Allocations are yet to be determined. The rep also claimed that the total number to be produced is also not set. Seems like finding out the straight story is currently impossible.
It's possible. Just not from the dealer you are going to.

Sounds like he doesn't have any of these:

Last edited by TrackNoob; 06-10-2008 at 07:05 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-1 Sales

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR-1 Sales