Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Theft Deterrent System Questions 08 Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KGjevre
I did a little testing when I left work today, and pressing the FOB lock button once or twice will lock and arm the car.
I had a little bit of problem with the testing because I have the passive lock/unlock set so I found I had to leave the FOB out of range after locking it to test it.
It seemed like if pressing it only once the 30 second wait applied, while if pressing it twice it got armed right away.
I did the same test with the same result except the passive arming was off.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:20 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viscerl
I can honestly say I've never heard of a C6 Z06 being stolen. As a previous STi owner, they were constantly being taken, and I once woke up in the night to the sound of my own being broken into (with the intention of stealing the car).

Sure, I park the Z06 in a locked garage... but I'm not especially worried about it going missing with all the OnStar theft tracking stuff.
Please tell me you own a gun and promptly F'd up the guy breaking into your STI.

Maybe its that I'm from texas and love guns... but there is a huge part of me that if I caught someone trying to break into my car I wouldn't exactly call the police if you know what i mean.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Theft Deterrent System Questions 08 Z