Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech KB and CA smog inspection...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:36 AM
camarodoctor
I ♥ My Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Halltech KB and CA smog inspection...

Has anyone had any trouble getting an otherwise stock C6 Z06 through California smog inspection with a KB installed? I know it doesn't have a CARB E.O. (and is likely not eligible to receive one due to a lack of vapor trap sticker found in the factory air inlet), but has anyone received any hassle during the inspection?

I will be bringing my 2007 Z06 with me for a two-year rotation in Southern California (Orange County). My car's current tags (TN) expire this month, so I will need to get it CA tags upon its arrival, but my factory air intake system is currently in transit with my household effects and won't get delivered for several more weeks after my car arrives.

Any advice on a good Orange County inspection station that won't give me any hassle? Or alternatively, is there anyone in OC that would be willing to lend me their factory air box for a couple of days? I'll make it worth your while...

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 585 Likes on 314 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by camarodoctor
Has anyone had any trouble getting an otherwise stock C6 Z06 through California smog inspection with a KB installed? I know it doesn't have a CARB E.O. (and is likely not eligible to receive one due to a lack of vapor trap sticker found in the factory air inlet), but has anyone received any hassle during the inspection?

I will be bringing my 2007 Z06 with me for a two-year rotation in Southern California (Orange County). My car's current tags (TN) expire this month, so I will need to get it CA tags upon its arrival, but my factory air intake system is currently in transit with my household effects and won't get delivered for several more weeks after my car arrives.

Any advice on a good Orange County inspection station that won't give me any hassle? Or alternatively, is there anyone in OC that would be willing to lend me their factory air box for a couple of days? I'll make it worth your while...

Thanks!
Halltech has applied for and is seeking C.A.R.B. Certification on the Killer Bee. We have no idea how long it will take, but we are determined to get an EO number. This will automatically make the Killer Bee 50 State EPA legal, since the CARB supercedes all EPA requirements.

Katech is also helping us by sourcing the HC Pads that, as you say, are a requirement of any C.A.R.B. application.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Nanook
lifeislikeaboxofchocolats
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20- '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by camarodoctor

Thanks!
I could overnight you mine if you're rpepared to pay shipping to/back from Edmonton ? May be cheaper just to purchase one or like you say,,,find a local
Old 07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 585 Likes on 314 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Orange County Corvette

Contact Sean at OCC. He's in Irvine, and surely has a stocker in his shop. http://www.occorvette.com/page4.html

Our dealers:

http://www.halltechsystems.com/Hallt...nters_s/50.htm

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech KB and CA smog inspection...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech KB and CA smog inspection...