Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] questions after first days with new 2008 z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
camiv
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default questions after first days with new 2008 z06

Do you really need the cags mod? only ran into the 1-4 skip shift a couple times when going slow. Do you have to shift to 4th? New chrome rims appear to have some minor imperfections and not sure how to handle. I bought car from an out of town dealer so taking car back to them will not work. Do I really need to wait 500 miles before I put my foot into this beast. I spent the weekend at mild speeds keeping rpm's between 1200 and 3000, total of 300 miles. Lastely, when do the mufflers open up and make some noise. My C5 with route 66 sounds better but I maybe missing something. Sorry about the long post. After I clean car I will post some pic's.....
Old 08-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Oli1313
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I have owned my Z for 9 days and have some of the same questions. I would take the wheels to any local dealership as I would imagine they are covered as a warranty item. The 1-4 skip shift is beyond annoying and I will eliminate even though I rarely hit it. I think the butterflies open at 3,000 rpm, but I installed a mild to wild and have them on all the time. I'm planning to get electronic cutouts as I'm coming from an 07 C6 which had Kooks headers and Bullets and I miss the brutal sound. I have about 120 miles on my and cannot wait to get to 500 so I can experience its real power, but I am also unsure if the 500 mile break in period is more myth than reality.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
o6zo6vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheels any dealer can take care of . mufflers open up at 3k but you can pull the fuse to make them louder now but they will be loud all the time this way . i have the fuse pulled till i get my exhaust
Old 08-24-2008, 08:12 PM
C54TIM
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my car about five months and I have to agree with you about the OEM chrome wheels. I'm not 100% satisfied with the quality. I doubt the dealership will do anything about it. But if they do let us know the out come.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 AM
skudlw
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camiv
Do you really need the cags mod? only ran into the 1-4 skip shift a couple times when going slow. Do you have to shift to 4th? New chrome rims appear to have some minor imperfections and not sure how to handle. I bought car from an out of town dealer so taking car back to them will not work. Do I really need to wait 500 miles before I put my foot into this beast. I spent the weekend at mild speeds keeping rpm's between 1200 and 3000, total of 300 miles. Lastely, when do the mufflers open up and make some noise. My C5 with route 66 sounds better but I maybe missing something. Sorry about the long post. After I clean car I will post some pic's.....
First mod I did was the CAGS. Cost $20 and took about 15-minutes to attach underneath the car. I want all the gears accessible all the time. Get Mild to Wild to open exhaust whenever you want. Cost is about $100 and takes 15-min to install. The 500 mile break-in is for all the other stuff excluding the engine. Doesn't hurt to do what is recommended.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:40 PM
C5Lion
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by o6zo6vette
wheels any dealer can take care of . mufflers open up at 3k but you can pull the fuse to make them louder now but they will be loud all the time this way . i have the fuse pulled till i get my exhaust
The mufflers open up at 3000 RPM in competitive mode and 3500 RPM in default mode.

Get notified of new replies

To questions after first days with new 2008 z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] questions after first days with new 2008 z06