Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] B&B Fusion is the system to have for the Z06!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Pappa Prich
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone have a comparison video of all three exhaust systems being compared? Or at least a stock vs Corsa vs BB ?
Old 01-18-2016, 09:19 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Old 02-01-2016, 11:45 AM
David Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

As we did with the standard C6 we've updated our C6 Z06 systems to completely eliminate drone. We'll have them available in the next 3 weeks. If you'd like more info please email me at davidb@borla.com.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:21 PM
olddragger
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

great looking system---I wish I could afford the BB fusion
Old 02-24-2016, 06:07 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

I love my Fusions...just wish I could get rid of the drone. Great looking system too.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Hp gains vs. Decibels vs. Weight with a brief subjective report on quality/ sound/ drone is all I need, and all I care about. Yet no one has measured this basic info after all these years?

Last edited by Suns_PSD; 02-24-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Tim Taylor
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey David,
I have send an Email a couple of minutes ago. Cant wait to Order
Thanks, Tim

Last edited by Tim Taylor; 04-04-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM
ATOMIC ORANG
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What about the AKR Exhaust ? No comment ? I thought you said at one point this is the best exhaust out there for less weight and performance ? and Dyno numbers ?

Last edited by ATOMIC ORANG; 04-04-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:03 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ATOMIC ORANG
What about the AKR Exhaust ? No comment ? I thought you said at one point this is the best exhaust out there for less weight and performance ? and Dyno numbers ?
Depends on what sound you're looking for, B&B and Akra are totally different animals in that sense. Anyone looking for more info, feel free to give us a call at 888-631-1433.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:33 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 05-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,287 Likes on 847 Posts

Another advocate of the B&B Fusion system here. I have it on my Z06 with long tubes, hi flow cats, and a mild to wild switch. With the flaps closed its louder than stock but no drone. Still has mild burbles and pops. People have commented how good my car sounds with the flaps closed.

Flip the switch on the M2W and it sounds like a mean machine. Extreme pops and bangs, very deep throaty muscle sound, and when you rev through the RPM range to 7000 it just screams so loud every cop within a 2 mile radius can hear you. Its absolutely perfect. I've never heard a better sounding exhaust yet. I know that is technically a subjective view, but I'm very picky and no other exhaust has sounded as good.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:27 PM
1972bluelt1
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
I love my Fusions...just wish I could get rid of the drone. Great looking system too.
Do you have any other modifications? I have gen2 fusions on my otherwise bone stock Z06. I wouldn't say it's 100% drone free, but it's very minimal.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Jake5670
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
We all have read the posts asking "which is the best exhaust system to have on my Vette?" Well I am not going to ask this question, but rather share with you my opinion. Being in the Corvette Parts business, I have the luxury of being able to try different systems on my car and evaluate the exhaust note, build quality, and attention to detail. I have personally installed the Corsa C6 Z06 system, the Borla Stinger C6 Z06 system and now the B&B Fusion system.

Let me also preface this opinion with the assumption that all the three systems I tested have equal performance gains as I do not have a dyno to test differences, but I would be willing to bet they are all within a few HP of each other.

All three systems had excellent build quality, but with the Corsa there were some installation enigmas that had me wondering "why in the heck did they engineer a band clamp there, could it not be the worse place to try and tighten". The Corsa sounded good, but the difference was not different enough from Stock at all RPM's to really give me what I was looking for. It also took away the multi mode exhaust function.

The Borla C6 Corvette Z06 Exhaust system installed pretty easy and sounded awesome at idle and driving around town. But damn, the highway was a different story. I had Borla stingers on my C5 Z06 and there was some drone, which I could live with. Maybe I have just lost my tolerance too it, but the drone on the C6 Z06 with Borla's was unbearable (for me and just about any other passenger I took for a ride). I had to get them off the car.....Take a look on any forum at the C6 Z06 parts for sale...You will see C6 Z06 Borla's used for sale on every forum. I think I am not the only one that had this issue. Also, like the Corsa, no more multi mode exhaust.

I had never heard the BB Corvette C6 Z06 Fusion System nor had I had any experience with Billy Boat Systems. I figured I would give it a try, but really did not think it was going to be what I wanted, but I did like the idea of keeping my multi mode exhaust. Upon opening the box, I was very impressed with the quality of the parts. Installation was a breeze, very logical engineering. Everything was easy to access and tighten down. The sound at idle is a bit more aggressive than stock, on acceleration and when you pass the magic RPM point for the Multi Mode to kick in, Oh my god.....the perfect sound. Just what I was looking for. Toss in a Mild to Wild switch, so that I can control the Multi Mode and finally, exhaust Nirvana.

The cool thing is that you can control the exhaust note. So if you are cruising down the highway, you can shut the baffles in the exhaust and enjoy quiet drone free driving. Open the baffles, and Bam, the thrill of driving a muscle car is back in your face (and ears). Not an obnoxious sound, but a throaty muscle car sound.

Anyway, trust me....If you have a C6 Z06 and are considering an after market exhaust the B&B Fusion Corvette Z06 system is worth a look. I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I sell all of the above mentioned systems. I just am that excited about the fusion system that I thought I would share my thoughts with the board.

Pictures below are some shots of the B&B Fusion system on my car...

Thanks,

Jim
Great write up! Thank you!
Old 09-10-2016, 03:21 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Jake5670
Great write up! Thank you!
Old 10-28-2017, 12:40 AM
pazecar
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more vote for the B&B Fusion system...have had it for many years on my 2007 Z06 with long tube headers and hi flow cats plus a modified and cammed engine. With the mild to wild switch (mandatory) the car sounds AWESOME. Loud as you want or very quiet on the highway with the flaps closed in 6th. Cannot say enough good things about the exhaust system. Have had Borla on many cars before...both are good (you can't go wrong with either) but I love the B&B setup for the Z06.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:25 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by pazecar
One more vote for the B&B Fusion system...have had it for many years on my 2007 Z06 with long tube headers and hi flow cats plus a modified and cammed engine. With the mild to wild switch (mandatory) the car sounds AWESOME. Loud as you want or very quiet on the highway with the flaps closed in 6th. Cannot say enough good things about the exhaust system. Have had Borla on many cars before...both are good (you can't go wrong with either) but I love the B&B setup for the Z06.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:34 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

We all have read the posts asking "which is the best exhaust system to have on my Vette?" Well I am not going to ask this question, but rather share with you my opinion. Being in the Corvette Parts business, I have the luxury of being able to try different systems on my car and evaluate the exhaust note, build quality, and attention to detail. I have personally installed the Corsa C6 Z06 system, the Borla Stinger C6 Z06 system and now the B&B Fusion system.

Let me also preface this opinion with the assumption that all the three systems I tested have equal performance gains as I do not have a dyno to test differences, but I would be willing to bet they are all within a few HP of each other.

All three systems had excellent build quality, but with the Corsa there were some installation enigmas that had me wondering "why in the heck did they engineer a band clamp there, could it not be the worse place to try and tighten". The Corsa sounded good, but the difference was not different enough from Stock at all RPM's to really give me what I was looking for. It also took away the multi mode exhaust function.

The Borla C6 Corvette Z06 Exhaust system installed pretty easy and sounded awesome at idle and driving around town. But damn, the highway was a different story. I had Borla stingers on my C5 Z06 and there was some drone, which I could live with. Maybe I have just lost my tolerance too it, but the drone on the C6 Z06 with Borla's was unbearable (for me and just about any other passenger I took for a ride). I had to get them off the car.....Take a look on any forum at the C6 Z06 parts for sale...You will see C6 Z06 Borla's used for sale on every forum. I think I am not the only one that had this issue. Also, like the Corsa, no more multi mode exhaust.

I had never heard the BB Corvette C6 Z06 Fusion System nor had I had any experience with Billy Boat Systems. I figured I would give it a try, but really did not think it was going to be what I wanted, but I did like the idea of keeping my multi mode exhaust. Upon opening the box, I was very impressed with the quality of the parts. Installation was a breeze, very logical engineering. Everything was easy to access and tighten down. The sound at idle is a bit more aggressive than stock, on acceleration and when you pass the magic RPM point for the Multi Mode to kick in, Oh my god.....the perfect sound. Just what I was looking for. Toss in a Mild to Wild switch, so that I can control the Multi Mode and finally, exhaust Nirvana.

The cool thing is that you can control the exhaust note. So if you are cruising down the highway, you can shut the baffles in the exhaust and enjoy quiet drone free driving. Open the baffles, and Bam, the thrill of driving a muscle car is back in your face (and ears). Not an obnoxious sound, but a throaty muscle car sound.

Anyway, trust me....If you have a C6 Z06 and are considering an after market exhaust the B&B Fusion Corvette Z06 system is worth a look. I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I sell all of the above mentioned systems. I just am that excited about the fusion system that I thought I would share my thoughts with the board.

Thanks,

David

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Fusion is the system to have for the Z06!!!

Old 10-30-2019, 04:13 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Can the Fusion system be installed on jack stands? I'm wondering how high off the ground the rear end of the car needs to be in order to get the pipes over the rear axles.

U.M.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:02 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat
Can the Fusion system be installed on jack stands? I'm wondering how high off the ground the rear end of the car needs to be in order to get the pipes over the rear axles.

U.M.
Yes, it can...but you'll need a little patience!
The following users liked this post:
Uncle Meat (12-23-2019)
Old 01-27-2020, 09:42 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Quick Reply: [Z06] B&B Fusion is the system to have for the Z06!!!